    have is going to help me at all.

    How did you guys start out?

    Many thanks.
    pjoturtle, Oct 24, 2007

  2. pjoturtle

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Turtle,

    If you have been supporting end users for three years then the path you said
    should prepare you to sit for the exams in December. Good luck and let us
    know how you do!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 24, 2007

  3. pjoturtle

    Vizwiz Guest

    I am also starting out. Was first looking into a MCSA but found MCDST. I have
    been working as a Computer Support Administrator (5+ years-USAF), creating
    and administering user accounts for over 850 personnel. How hard are these
    tests? I have had no formal training as it is not may actual career field,
    and learned everything on my own - OJT.

    Vizwiz, Nov 4, 2007
  4. pjoturtle

    sfcinman Guest

    I would recommend you buy the books and utilize the discs that come with
    them. With your experience, you should be able to nearly ace the exams. I
    don't believe that you need the classes, just a waste of money for you.

    Kevin
    A+, MCP, MCDST

    sfcinman, Nov 11, 2007
  5. pjoturtle

    Ronald Guest

    Hi my name is Ronald J. Towers am I am a Desktop Technician working in a
    major hospital. I've been an IT Professional for 5 years now. Right now I
    am starting my road to MCDST as well. I just bought the Microsoft Training
    Kit for exam 70-271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows
    XP Operating System. When you get the chance see if you can get this book.
    You can get it online at Quantum books or Amazon.com. Also, Barnes and Noble
    carry this book too.

    Just remember that whatever experience you've acquired already will be
    beneficial in your career as an IT Professional. Study hard, don't give up,
    be courageous and ambitious if you wish to remain in this field. As you very
    well know this field is incredibly saturated with tremendous IT talent. In
    addition, technology is changing like the drop of a hat so you have to keep
    up with it always.

    Best Regards

    Ronald, Dec 11, 2007
  6. pjoturtle

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Ronald" <> wrote in message
    > Hi my name is Ronald J. Towers am I am a Desktop Technician working in a
    > major hospital. I've been an IT Professional for 5 years now. Right now
    > am starting my road to MCDST as well. I just bought the Microsoft
    > Training
    > Kit for exam 70-271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft
    > Windows
    > XP Operating System. When you get the chance see if you can get this
    > book.
    > You can get it online at Quantum books or Amazon.com. Also, Barnes and
    > Noble
    > carry this book too.
    >
    > Just remember that whatever experience you've acquired already will be
    > beneficial in your career as an IT Professional. Study hard, don't give
    > up,
    > be courageous and ambitious if you wish to remain in this field. As you
    > very
    > well know this field is incredibly saturated with tremendous IT talent.
    > In
    > addition, technology is changing like the drop of a hat so you have to
    > keep
    > up with it always.

    Hello Ronald!

    Yes, the MS Press books are very useful and well-written. I also recommend
    the Exam Cram books as well (the one for the 271 exam is particularly good),
    as they contain some useful information that isn't in the MS Press books.

    Good luck with your studies. I'm sure you won't need it though.

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Dec 13, 2007