    think ill breeze them but want 2 make sure and not waste £

    Thanks for your help
    Bob D.
    European Bob, Jan 2, 2004

  2. There is only one way to pass Microsoft certification.
    You must know well each and every item in the list
    provided by microsoft for that specific exam. How you
    prepare is entirely up to you. Use all methods of learning
    to your advantage. They are testing your "knowledgebase".
    Trnascender and other similar sample questions and answers
    can help you to understand difficult topics but depending
    only on them to pass - big mistake. You have to do hands-
    on. Otherwise most likely you will be guaranteeing failure.
    Microsoft does not want "paper mcse" like Novell. The
    certification from Microsoft usually means soemthing
    because Microsoft wants your flush and blood to
    get "pass" !! Good luck and best wishes...
    Willy Vonderful, Jan 2, 2004

  3. European Bob

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Why does someone with '10 years experience' need to cheat?

    I know you Brits are tightfisted, but cheating is another matter.

    Kline Sphere, Jan 2, 2004
  4. European Bob

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I was happily strolling along my merry little way in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, when I looked down and saw a little note
    from European Bob on Fri 02 Jan 2004 06:36:12a who wrote:

    > have been working with Microsoft's op for about 10 years
    > now but never needed cert but thinking of changing
    > companies so just started mcse and want to get it finished
    > as quickly as possible can anyone suggest some
    > good "brainbumps" or ch. sheets that might be worth
    > looking at. have two exams booked next week 70-290/291 i
    > think ill breeze them but want 2 make sure and not waste £
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    > Bob D.

    Bob, did you study enough for the exams? I have done a slew of exams over the
    last couple of years, and i also know a bunch of experienced guys that
    thought that the subject matter on the exams was too simplistic and below
    their level of competence that they didn't really study for the exams - then
    they fail and post complaints about how unfair the scoring is and un-
    realistic & confusing the questions are.

    from my experiece, exam taking/passing does not have a direct correlation
    with on the job work experince/training. take an exam sim test. if you are
    scoring below 80%, you are not ready to sit an MS exam. i always make sure i
    am scoring in at least 95% on sims before i consider sitting for exam.

    to get mcse, you need to pass 7 exams. how long it takes you depends on how
    much you want/can study and schedule pass/exams. it is possible to get it all
    done within 2 1/2 to 3 months. thats based on 2 weeks study per exam and
    taking/passing about 2 exams per month. the design exams further up the mcse
    track are a little trickier, you might need a min. 3-4 weeks study for those
    ones. when i say study, i mean every day all the time. when i was studying, i
    studied at work - locked myself in the server room no answering phone calls,
    at home, on the train, even on the "can".

    re: dumps - you don't need them. the passing grade for ms exams is 700/1000.
    thats 70%. that's way more than enough to prove your knowledge of the
    product. it's better to just do it legit. you don't need to get all the
    questions right, just enough to pass the exam. good luck.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 2, 2004
  5. hai bob, may i know wat actually should i do when i first come to the mcse environment. for me it seem like so complicated and so many things i need to know in order for me to get to know the mcse better. Any recommadation and advice will be highly appreciated. thank you bob. hope to hear from u again.

    andric, malaysia
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmlj?=, Jan 5, 2004
  6. http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    Don't You Wish, Jan 5, 2004