    thing I've noticed is that if you have multiple email accounts, they are
    displayed on the same screen. You don't have to "switch" over to an
    account to view your messages, as you do with OE. This is much quicker.
    History Fan, May 6, 2006

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I have an XP Home SP2 computer, DSL connection. I've been using
    > Firefox for quite a while, and just now installed Thunderbird, mostly
    > out of curiosity. It's too early to say if Thunderbird will replace
    > Outlook Express as my default email program. However, one interesting
    > thing I've noticed is that if you have multiple email accounts, they are
    > displayed on the same screen. You don't have to "switch" over to an
    > account to view your messages, as you do with OE. This is much quicker.

    Well, I discovered two issues with Thunderbird already. At least
    one of them appears to be a glitch. I have several email accounts, and
    I've sent several messages to myself while Thunderbird is open, as a
    test. After a few minutes, I see and hear the new mail icon. However,
    when I visit my Inbox, nothing new is there. If I click the "Get Mail
    button," the new mail finally appears.

    I also have newsgroups set up with Thunderbird. I've subscribed to
    several. However, I don't see any Refresh button. How do you refresh
    the newsgroup your currently viewing to see the new posts?
    History Fan, May 6, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    History Fan, May 6, 2006
  4. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:

    > History Fan wrote:
    >
    >> I have an XP Home SP2 computer, DSL connection. I've been using
    >>Firefox for quite a while, and just now installed Thunderbird, mostly
    >>out of curiosity. It's too early to say if Thunderbird will replace
    >>Outlook Express as my default email program. However, one interesting
    >>thing I've noticed is that if you have multiple email accounts, they are
    >>displayed on the same screen. You don't have to "switch" over to an
    >>account to view your messages, as you do with OE. This is much quicker.

    > Well, I discovered two issues with Thunderbird already. At least
    > one of them appears to be a glitch. I have several email accounts, and
    > I've sent several messages to myself while Thunderbird is open, as a
    > test. After a few minutes, I see and hear the new mail icon. However,
    > when I visit my Inbox, nothing new is there. If I click the "Get Mail
    > button," the new mail finally appears.
    >
    > I also have newsgroups set up with Thunderbird. I've subscribed to
    > several. However, I don't see any Refresh button. How do you refresh
    > the newsgroup your currently viewing to see the new posts?

    close the entire newsgroup and reopen it.

    --
    How to Get a Life
    Difficulty Level: Hard
    gwtc, May 6, 2006
  5. History Fan

    Skratz Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > Well, I discovered two issues with Thunderbird already. At least one
    > of them appears to be a glitch. I have several email accounts, and I've
    > sent several messages to myself while Thunderbird is open, as a test.
    > After a few minutes, I see and hear the new mail icon. However, when I
    > visit my Inbox, nothing new is there. If I click the "Get Mail button,"
    > the new mail finally appears.

    check in the account settings > server settings there is a option
    automatically download new messages.

    > I also have newsgroups set up with Thunderbird. I've subscribed to
    > several. However, I don't see any Refresh button. How do you refresh
    > the newsgroup your currently viewing to see the new posts?

    right-click on the newsgroup and select "get messages for account"
    Skratz, May 7, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    Skratz wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> Well, I discovered two issues with Thunderbird already. At least
    >> one of them appears to be a glitch. I have several email accounts,
    >> and I've sent several messages to myself while Thunderbird is open, as
    >> a test. After a few minutes, I see and hear the new mail icon.
    >> However, when I visit my Inbox, nothing new is there. If I click the
    >> "Get Mail button," the new mail finally appears.
    >>

    > check in the account settings > server settings there is a option
    > automatically download new messages.
    >
    >> I also have newsgroups set up with Thunderbird. I've subscribed to
    >> several. However, I don't see any Refresh button. How do you refresh
    >> the newsgroup your currently viewing to see the new posts?

    > right-click on the newsgroup and select "get messages for account"

    Thanks. Those two tips appear to work.
    History Fan, May 7, 2006
  7. I just installed Thunderbird and every time I try to open it I get a error
    message and it has to close.
    I've tried reinstalling it also with no luck. Any ideas?

    Skeeter {UPSF}, May 29, 2006
  8. Skeeter {UPSF} wrote:
    > I just installed Thunderbird and every time I try to open it I get a error
    > message and it has to close.
    > I've tried reinstalling it also with no luck. Any ideas?
    >

    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> I have an XP Home SP2 computer, DSL connection. I've been using
    >> Firefox for quite a while, and just now installed Thunderbird, mostly out
    >> of curiosity. It's too early to say if Thunderbird will replace Outlook
    >> Express as my default email program. However, one interesting thing I've
    >> noticed is that if you have multiple email accounts, they are displayed on
    >> the same screen. You don't have to "switch" over to an account to view
    >> your messages, as you do with OE. This is much quicker.

    What error message do you get?
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 29, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 29, 2006