    Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
    your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
    Thank you~

    Susie, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Susie

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Probably not but it is possible if you back it up with a good practice test
    simulator i.e., MeasureUp, Self Test Software, or Transcender and some
    experience with the product(s).

    TechGeekPro, Apr 27, 2004

  3. I think you can if you have been working with the products for some time
    I would suggest you try looking at www.cbtnuggets.com. I have used their video
    and they were a great help

    ----- TechGeekPro wrote: ----

    Probably not but it is possible if you back it up with a good practice tes
    simulator i.e., MeasureUp, Self Test Software, or Transcender and som
    experience with the product(s)

    -
    I may not be completely certified, but I am completely certifiable

    "Susie" <> wrote in messag

    =?Utf-8?B?TXV3bGVy?=, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Susie

    LnkWizard Guest

    You might also consider investing in around 3 inexpensive
    computers and some networking hardware to develop
    a lab to practice the various tasks that are in the books.
    If you really can't afford the 3 PC's try getting some virtual
    computer software and using that. I've never used any but
    I am sure some of the other folks here can offer suggestions
    about which software is pretty good for that.

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Susie

    pittspeed Guest

    VMware is good for virtual machines...

    pittspeed, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Susie

    Neil Guest

    www.vmware.com

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Susie

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:53:17 -0700, Susie declaimed:

    > I've just started studying for MCSE.
    > Could anyone, suggest ways to effectively study for my
    > first exam?
    > Is it possible to study just a book and pass this exam?
    > your replies and advises are much appreciated~!
    > Thank you~

    Depends on how much experience you have. If you've been working with the
    product for a while, and have a lab set up, or a couple of test boxes on
    the company net, sure.

    JaR
    HTH Thug

    JaR, Apr 27, 2004
  8. Susie

    Gameboy Guest

    There's nothing like failing the exam.

    The Microsoft site lists the topics. Pick a few topics
    for study, and study them in whatever books you can get.
    Do all the labs at least once.

    Don't try to exhaust all possible preparation resources.
    Just take the exam. Failing the exam will show you what
    you need to work on.

    Gameboy, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Susie

    Neil Guest

    "Gameboy" <> wrote in news:4f7d01c42c72$bfd68f20
    $:

    > Failing the exam will show you what
    > you need to work on.

    expensive learning curve...

    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 27, 2004
  10. Susie

    Gameboy Guest

    Neil MCNGP #30 said, "expensive learning curve..."

    Time is money. I've heard about people spending WAY too
    much time and worry (and money) to positively ensure they
    won't fail the first try.

    You have to ask yourself a question. Do you want to brag
    you passed on your first try, or do you want to just get
    it over with and get on with your life?

    If you don't want to pay for two exams, ask a benefactor
    to subsidize you 50%. My Mom comes to mind.

    Please, no jokes about my Mom. <uses anti-MCNGP spray>

    Gameboy, Apr 27, 2004
  11. Susie

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:04:43 -0700, Gameboy declaimed:

    > If you don't want to pay for two exams, ask a benefactor
    > to subsidize you 50%. My Mom comes to mind.
    >
    > Please, no jokes about my Mom. <uses anti-MCNGP spray>

    You mama so nice, she bakes chocklit chip cookies!

    WTF?????

    You mama so smart, Jeopardy calls her for questions!

    WTF Again?????

    OIC!

    Damn anti-MCNGP spray!

    JaR
    Sprayed Thug

    JaR, Apr 27, 2004
  12. Susie

    Neil Guest

    "Gameboy" <> wrote in news:50e101c42c79$bc2d3200
    $:

    > You have to ask yourself a question. Do you want to brag
    > you passed on your first try, or do you want to just get
    > it over with and get on with your life?

    'swhy I like the beta exams. If I want to fail an exam, I will do that
    one. there is a balance here. if study and have done everything to prep
    for the exam (without spending your life savings) you can in most cases
    pass on the first try. If I were to fail, that's life and I do the exam a
    second time. (but I haven't failed in 5 years + so I must be due)

    > Please, no jokes about my Mom. <uses anti-MCNGP spray>

    like a spray would work...and besides it would just be easier to make
    jokes about your mother's son (and no not your brother)...maybe too easy
    <grin>

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 27, 2004
  13. Susie

    Neil Guest

    JaR <> wrote in

    > You mama so nice, she bakes chocklit chip cookies!
    >
    > WTF?????
    >
    > You mama so smart, Jeopardy calls her for questions!
    >
    > WTF Again?????
    >
    > OIC!
    >
    > Damn anti-MCNGP spray!
    >
    > JaR
    > Sprayed Thug

    LMAO!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 27, 2004
  14. Susie

    Neil Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > like a spray would work..

    I sit corrected. JaR appearntly has prove the usefullness of your spray.
    Please don't market this. It could ruin the MCNGP...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 27, 2004