Just scheduled my 70-270 for next week

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)

    Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
    that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
    270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
    repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
    wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
    worth reading.

    --
    Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Keith Chilton

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Keith Chilton" wrote:

    > Just scheduled my 70-270 test for next Friday morning (3/30)
    >
    > Should be ready to pass it and move onto my Windows 2000 Server books for
    > that MCSA 2000 certification i'm trying to obtain. Anybody else have their
    > 270 scheduled? I know most of the material they went over in the book was
    > repetitive from the 271 and 272 books, BUT there was information there that
    > wasn't contained in the MS press 271 and 272 books, so I guess that made it
    > worth reading.
    >
    > --
    > Keith Chilton - MCDST, MCP
    > Data Services Technician
    > River Valley Financial Bank
    > 430 Clifty Drive
    > Madison, IN 47250
    > 812-273-4949 ext 348
    > Phone (812) 273-4949 Ext. 348 Fax (812) 265-6730
    >
    > ****River Valley Financial Bank, Internet Email Confidentiality Footer****
    > Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you
    > are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
    > of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
    > anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us
    > immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
    > messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    > and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    > my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    > representative independent of this message.

    Hi Keith

    I don't feel ready to schedule the 270 exam yet, but wish you all the very
    best for next Friday!

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Mar 23, 2007

  3. Keith Chilton

    Angel Guest

    Hey Keith
    I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost ready…..I’m going review
    some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure what
    date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I
    thought 2003 would be better…..I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification track
    after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let….with Gods help I can do it

    I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it might
    help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have you heard anything
    about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good

    http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474

    thanks
    --
    Angel Perez

    A+, N+, MCP, MCDST

    Angel, Mar 23, 2007
  4. His work operates on a Windows 2000 environment.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 23, 2007
  5. Keith Chilton

    catwalker63 Guest

    Angel piffled away vaguely:

    > Hey Keith
    > I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost ready…..I’m going review
    > some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not sure what
    > date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I
    > thought 2003 would be better…..I going for the MCSA/MCSE Certification track
    > after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard exams let….with Gods help I can do it
    >
    > I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it might
    > help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have you heard anything
    > about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its good
    >
    > http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
    >
    > thanks

    The exams are not an educational track. They are targeted at
    professionals who already have experience. You can learn a lot in the
    process and probably pass the exams but they do not have the same value
    if that's your only experience. So you should aim at the platform you
    have the most experience on and not necessarily the platform that's the
    newest and "shiniest".

    The administrative companion books are great reference for when you are
    on the job and probably have some great information that would help on
    the exam. However, they are not organized or targeted to exam
    objectives. It might be a great extra material book but I wouldn't
    depend on it. If you want a book that's a great read, try Minassi's
    Mastering series from Sybex. For exam prep, stick with MS Press and
    Sybex exam prep guides.

    If you think you're almost ready, go ahead and schedule the exam.
    Nothing like a deadline to help focus your study.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 23, 2007
  6. Keith Chilton

    Lasher Guest

    catwalker63 <> wrote in

    > Angel piffled away vaguely:
    >
    >> Hey Keith
    >> I haven’t scheduled it yet I think I’m almost
    >> ready…..I’m going review
    >> some more over the weekend and see if I take it the next week not
    >> sure what date yet though…… Well good Luck……you mention MCSA
    >> 2000 why not MCSA 2003 I thought 2003 would be better…..I going for
    >> the MCSA/MCSE Certification track after exam 70-270 only 4 very hard
    >> exams let….with Gods help I can do it
    >>
    >> I was doing some research and I was looking into this book I think it
    >> might help me cause I have no idea about windows server……..have
    >> you heard anything about it or anyone else has heard of it or if its
    >> good
    >>
    >> http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0735620474
    >>
    >> thanks

    > The exams are not an educational track. They are targeted at
    > professionals who already have experience. You can learn a lot in the
    > process and probably pass the exams but they do not have the same
    > value if that's your only experience. So you should aim at the
    > platform you have the most experience on and not necessarily the
    > platform that's the newest and "shiniest".
    >
    > The administrative companion books are great reference for when you
    > are on the job and probably have some great information that would
    > help on the exam. However, they are not organized or targeted to exam
    > objectives. It might be a great extra material book but I wouldn't
    > depend on it. If you want a book that's a great read, try Minassi's
    > Mastering series from Sybex. For exam prep, stick with MS Press and
    > Sybex exam prep guides.
    >
    > If you think you're almost ready, go ahead and schedule the exam.
    > Nothing like a deadline to help focus your study.

    Unfortunatly, the only thing that you're going to be able to study from
    is the Windows Vista: Administrator's Pocketbook and the other Windows
    Vista book that was released that you can find on Amazon. Nothing for a
    beta exam is going to be published in book form because its beta. I'd
    personally just grab the voucher for the live exam and study from the
    book they put out for the upgrade exam.

    Lasher, Mar 23, 2007
  7. Very true. I picked up Ed Bott's Windows Vista Inside Out. It is an
    incredible book.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 23, 2007
  8. Where I work our domain server is Windows 2000. I will probably move on to
    studying Windows 2003 server after I'm done though. We just got 3 Windows
    2003 server machines used for other things within in our organization. A
    transition of our domain machine from 2000 -> 2003 might be a future project
    for me. I am not sure of the advantages currently, but I'm sure they are
    many. Right now I am wanting an alternate PDC machine to backup the Windows
    2000 Server in case it were to blow up we'd still be ok. It's main functions
    are DHCP Server, DNS Server and Active Directory User and Computer
    Management. Not to mention being the host server for a critical business
    function application.

    Keith Chilton, Mar 23, 2007
  9. Just about here. I'm ready for the test baby!

    I actually got bored and started reading my windows 2000 server books
    already and knocked out a chapter already lol

    XP is a great operating system by the way! I love learning about it but it's
    time to move on towards my systems administrator cert!

    Keith Chilton, Mar 29, 2007
  10. Study hard. You have until March 30, 2008 to complete your MCSA 2000
    certification.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 29, 2007
  11. why only 1 year michael? huh? fill me in. you obviously know something about
    this i dont

    Keith Chilton, Mar 29, 2007
  12. All Windows 2000 exams will retire March 30, 2008. The certification
    will not, just the exams. Once you are certified, you will remain
    certified. However due to new technology (e.g. 2003 and "Longhorn"),
    Microsoft will retire the Windows 2000 exams. Stay tuned to Trika's
    blog, http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx to view the "Next Step in
    Windows Server Certification" webcast or visit my blog and download the
    PP deck now.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,