Just replaced LCD screen, now blanks out after 2 seconds

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jjoensuu, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. jjoensuu

    jjoensuu Guest

    Hi all,

    I just got the broken LCD screen replaced on my Uniwill 257SA1 a
    couple of days ago. Now when I start the laptop, the BIOS information
    stays visible for about 2 seconds and then disappears. When Windows
    then starts booting, the Windows logo likewise appears for about 2
    seconds and then disappears.

    Well, disappears and disappears...after doing a bit of troubleshooting
    I noticed that both the BIOS info and the Windows screen are actually
    on the display - they are simply so "faded out" that I need to keep my
    nose on the screen to see them.

    It is as if the laptop goes straight into the blanking-the-display-
    mode, the same mode it is supposed to go to when the lid is closed.
    Part of the problem I am having is that this laptop has no button(s)
    that are supposed to initiate the closing-the-lid-blank-the-screen
    mode.

    I plugged the laptop to an external monitor and with that it works
    just fine.

    Any ideas on what can cause this type of a problem?

    JJ

    jjoensuu, Mar 7, 2007

  2. jjoensuu

    PeeCee Guest

    "jjoensuu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just got the broken LCD screen replaced on my Uniwill 257SA1 a
    > couple of days ago. Now when I start the laptop, the BIOS information
    > stays visible for about 2 seconds and then disappears. When Windows
    > then starts booting, the Windows logo likewise appears for about 2
    > seconds and then disappears.
    >
    > Well, disappears and disappears...after doing a bit of troubleshooting
    > I noticed that both the BIOS info and the Windows screen are actually
    > on the display - they are simply so "faded out" that I need to keep my
    > nose on the screen to see them.
    >
    > It is as if the laptop goes straight into the blanking-the-display-
    > mode, the same mode it is supposed to go to when the lid is closed.
    > Part of the problem I am having is that this laptop has no button(s)
    > that are supposed to initiate the closing-the-lid-blank-the-screen
    > mode.
    >
    > I plugged the laptop to an external monitor and with that it works
    > just fine.
    >
    > Any ideas on what can cause this type of a problem?
    >
    > JJ

    JJ

    May I respectfully suggest you just take it back to the repairer, the fact
    that an external monitor works just fine suggest's it's a hardware problem
    rather than software.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 7, 2007

  3. jjoensuu

    V Guest

    Sounds like the replacement screen is busted or during the repair the
    display wires got pinched somewhere. It is going to have to be taken apart
    again.

    PC Tech Solutions
    http://pctech-solutions.com

    V, Mar 10, 2007