    If you know how to pull things apart and putting them back together again with
    out braking any thing it was easy to do, go to it.

    Far better than going to the local printer repairer at $70 per hour..

    Big , Sep 28, 2003

  2. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:57:55 +1200, wrote:

    > So decided to remove the print head and give it a soak in Spray & Wipe.

    You don't need to do that and I'd stringly recommend against ever putting
    the head into any liquid.

    A wet cotton bud works wonders and wastes far less ink.

    Don't use tissues, they leave fibres behind on the heads which can cause
    even more problems later.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 28, 2003

  3. Big

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:18:27 +0200, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:57:55 +1200, wrote:
    >
    >> So decided to remove the print head and give it a soak in Spray & Wipe.

    >You don't need to do that and I'd stringly recommend against ever putting
    >the head into any liquid.
    >
    >A wet cotton bud works wonders and wastes far less ink.
    >
    >Don't use tissues, they leave fibres behind on the heads which can cause
    >even more problems later.

    Funny how Watch makers use tissues..

    What I have seen of your post you just do not know a thing, you are just full
    of it.

    Plus a EPSON uses a pizo print head, as its not a bubble jet, soaking is
    required to dissolve the harden inks.

    The Soaking thing comes direct from a Printer service firm and its also
    recommended on a number of web site..

    Big , Sep 28, 2003
  4. Big

    max Guest

    >What I have seen of your post you just do not know a thing, you are just full
    >of it.

    Why do you bother to post a question if you just insult the person who
    answers it?

    max, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Big

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:35:56 +1200, max <> wrote:

    >>What I have seen of your post you just do not know a thing, you are just full
    >>of it.

    >Why do you bother to post a question if you just insult the person who
    >answers it?

    I did not post a question can't you read, he was putting me down, that is a
    insult as far as I am concern..

    I was posting some facts, do you not have the brains to understand..?

    Big , Sep 28, 2003
  6. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:49:15 +1200, Big scribbled:

    >On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:35:56 +1200, max <> wrote:
    >

    >>>What I have seen of your post you just do not know a thing, you are just full
    >>>of it.

    >>Why do you bother to post a question if you just insult the person who
    >>answers it?

    >I did not post a question can't you read, he was putting me down, that is a
    >insult as far as I am concern..
    >
    >I was posting some facts, do you not have the brains to understand..?

    My my, aren't you Mr. Negativity. Alan wasn't insulting you. He was
    merely stating his opinion. If anyone was insulting someone, it was
    you.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Big

    TEX Guest

    Congrats! we need to give you a medal :p

    The thing you forgot to mention is that, although you were sucessfull in
    cleaning the head, anyone not familiar with these printers and how
    they work could make matters worse.

    Epson DO NOT recommend the removal of the cartridge from the head unit
    carrier as it induces air bubbles into the system, and hence the
    countless cleaning cycles (and wasted ink) it takes to get it working
    right again.

    Epson also have cartridge lock out "features", so for those less than
    nimble hands, pulling a little too hard, means broken bits of plastic
    everywhere.

    Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less. I cannot
    speak for Lexmark as I have not worked on them. HP have less issues in
    the long run, but have other issues associated with them.

    Just a warning to the wise. Not a pick nick at you.

    TEX

    TEX, Sep 28, 2003
  8. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:49:15 +1200, wrote:

    > I did not post a question can't you read, he was putting me down, that
    > is a insult as far as I am concern..

    Here is a put down:

    You are a senile, pathetic old man, long past retirement age, yet unable
    to retire for whatever reason.

    You claim to be a technician working on mains powered equipment, yet have
    no ERB registration. Any employer taking you on is risking their public
    liability insurance.

    You also seem to have changed jobs a number of times in the last ten years
    - almost as many times as you've been kicked off ISPs.

    I have been in your house and I have seen your computing setup. I wasn't
    particularly impressed.

    Oh, and I can't stand playstations, but I can understand why you're
    fixated on them, they level of intelligence required to operate them is
    perfectly suited to your abilities.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 28, 2003
  9. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX wrote:

    > Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less.

    This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.

    By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    to operate.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 28, 2003
  10. Big

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...
    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX wrote:
    >
    > > Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less.

    > This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.
    >
    > By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    > to operate.

    Yeah, my old man's Canon S520 needed a new black ink cartridge real
    quick, like maybe 500 pages printed with it!. And then I found out the
    head has to be replaced every 5 carts!

    Mainlander, Sep 28, 2003
  11. Big

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...
    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX wrote:
    >
    > > Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less.

    > This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.
    >
    > By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    > to operate.

    Colour lasers are coming down as well, a school I know bought one for a
    little over $2000, a Ricoh.

    Mainlander, Sep 28, 2003
  12. Big

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Congrats! we need to give you a medal :p
    >
    >The thing you forgot to mention is that, although you were sucessfull in
    > cleaning the head, anyone not familiar with these printers and how
    >they work could make matters worse.
    >
    >Epson DO NOT recommend the removal of the cartridge from the head unit
    >carrier as it induces air bubbles into the system, and hence the
    >countless cleaning cycles (and wasted ink) it takes to get it working
    >right again.

    If that is so how does one replace a empty cartridge...??

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  13. Big

    Big Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:12:47 +0200, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:49:15 +1200, wrote:
    >

    >> I did not post a question can't you read, he was putting me down, that
    >> is a insult as far as I am concern..

    >Here is a put down:
    >
    >You are a senile, pathetic old man, long past retirement age, yet unable
    >to retire for whatever reason.

    Prove it..?

    >You claim to be a technician working on mains powered equipment, yet have
    >no ERB registration. Any employer taking you on is risking their public
    >liability insurance.

    Prove it..

    >You also seem to have changed jobs a number of times in the last ten years
    >- almost as many times as you've been kicked off ISPs.

    If that is so then you know more than me, so to back up this statements Please
    list all my Jobs in the last 10 years Please..

    >I have been in your house and I have seen your computing setup. I wasn't
    >particularly impressed.

    You have not, so state what My computer and peripherals are..

    >Oh, and I can't stand playstations, but I can understand why you're
    >fixated on them, they level of intelligence required to operate them is
    >perfectly suited to your abilities.

    You are just a Big lier..

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  14. Big

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:21 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <>, alanb+google4
    >@digistar.com says...
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX wrote:
    >>
    >> > Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less.

    >> This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.
    >>
    >> By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    >> to operate.

    >Yeah, my old man's Canon S520 needed a new black ink cartridge real
    >quick, like maybe 500 pages printed with it!. And then I found out the
    >head has to be replaced every 5 carts!

    Were is this stated as I would like to know more, as I was thinking in moving
    to a Canon 950.

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  15. Big

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:42 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <>, alanb+google4
    >@digistar.com says...
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX wrote:
    >>
    >> > Epson and Canon printers enjoy to be used more often than less.

    >> This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.
    >>
    >> By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    >> to operate.

    >Colour lasers are coming down as well, a school I know bought one for a
    >little over $2000, a Ricoh.

    But can't print pictures to well.

    That is what I use my Epson for, and the Laser HP4L for other printing..

    But then again the Laser cost some 13c per page based on a HP cartridge, and
    some 4c if I used a Refill one..

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  16. Big

    TEX Guest

    Big wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:21 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>, alanb+google4
    >>@digistar.com says...

    >>>This is a common flaw to ALL inkjets.
    >>>
    >>>By the time you use them enough to avoid problems, lasers are cheaper
    >>>to operate.

    >>Yeah, my old man's Canon S520 needed a new black ink cartridge real
    >>quick, like maybe 500 pages printed with it!. And then I found out the
    >>head has to be replaced every 5 carts!

    > Were is this stated as I would like to know more, as I was thinking in moving
    > to a Canon 950.

    Warranty on a canon "head" is for 30days only. The remainder of the
    machine is 1 year (or whatever it is normally stated). Unless they have
    changed it from when I worked at canon. The head assembly is classified
    as a consumable like the ink tank.

    TEX

    TEX, Sep 29, 2003
  17. Big

    TEX Guest

    Big wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX <> wrote:
    >

    >>Congrats! we need to give you a medal :p
    >>
    >>The thing you forgot to mention is that, although you were sucessfull in
    >> cleaning the head, anyone not familiar with these printers and how
    >>they work could make matters worse.
    >>
    >>Epson DO NOT recommend the removal of the cartridge from the head unit
    >>carrier as it induces air bubbles into the system, and hence the
    >>countless cleaning cycles (and wasted ink) it takes to get it working
    >>right again.

    > If that is so how does one replace a empty cartridge...??

    You only remove the empty cartridge WHEN it is empty.

    TEX

    TEX, Sep 29, 2003
  18. Big

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:51:58 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Big wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:21 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <>, alanb+google4
    >>>@digistar.com says...

    >>>Yeah, my old man's Canon S520 needed a new black ink cartridge real
    >>>quick, like maybe 500 pages printed with it!. And then I found out the
    >>>head has to be replaced every 5 carts!

    >> Were is this stated as I would like to know more, as I was thinking in moving
    >> to a Canon 950.
    >>

    >Warranty on a canon "head" is for 30days only. The remainder of the
    >machine is 1 year (or whatever it is normally stated). Unless they have
    >changed it from when I worked at canon. The head assembly is classified
    >as a consumable like the ink tank.
    >
    >TEX

    Sorry that is against the CGA, so its not enforcible here at all, so if any
    one falls for it then they are a idiot.

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  19. Big

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:53:46 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Big wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:33:09 +1200, TEX <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Congrats! we need to give you a medal :p
    >>>
    >>>The thing you forgot to mention is that, although you were sucessfull in
    >>> cleaning the head, anyone not familiar with these printers and how
    >>>they work could make matters worse.
    >>>
    >>>Epson DO NOT recommend the removal of the cartridge from the head unit
    >>>carrier as it induces air bubbles into the system, and hence the
    >>>countless cleaning cycles (and wasted ink) it takes to get it working
    >>>right again.

    >> If that is so how does one replace a empty cartridge...??
    >>

    >You only remove the empty cartridge WHEN it is empty.
    >
    >TEX

    Epson cartridges are never empty when you replace them, its to stop you
    getting air locks..

    Big , Sep 29, 2003
  20. On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:42 +1200, Mainlander wrote:

    > Colour lasers are coming down as well, a school I know bought one for a
    > little over $2000, a Ricoh.

    We need something a bit more expensive than that.

    The HP 4100DTNs do 12-15,000 pages/month. We're seriously looking at
    colour versions (1200dpi) due to people dumping 300 page documents to the
    HP 2280 business inkjets (these are the ONLY HP inkjets worth buying) for
    2 pages of colour diagrams.

    --
    There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
    2: Fraud

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 30, 2003