Just picked this up

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Seems I am not the only one who has suffered at the hands of Sipgate's
    abysmal service found this in my BY mail box just now .

    Hi There,

    I noticed your email addresses on a news group talking about SIPGATE.
    Are you a SIPGATE user? If you are I would like to know if you have
    been suffering extremely poor performance over the last few months.
    I've had the service for the last few months and find it shocking how
    poor the service is. When I call my SIPGATE number from a PSTN I get a
    mix of failing calls that include one way audio, a message saying ‘the
    service cannot be connected’, unobtainable number, engaged tone, calls
    diverted straight to voicemail (even though the phone is tuned on) and
    the busy out tone. Sometime is does work perfectly but not very often!

    I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting this on my side but to no
    avail. I've also spent money replacing my ADSL equipment to rule this
    out and still getting nowhere. I thus can only conclude that the calls
    seem to be dieing within SIPGATES network (The have admitted to me in
    a mail they do have capacity issues!).

    If others are experiencing such a poor service I would like to get
    together a list of users and email SIPGATE and copy all the news
    papers and computer magazines that keep telling everyone how wonderful
    SIPGATE is. I don’t want to see other people waste the time and money
    on this that I have!!

    Please let me know if you know of any forums on the internet that
    people share their experiences of SIPGATE?

    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
    , Apr 10, 2006

  2. John DH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Seems I am not the only one who has suffered at the hands of Sipgate's
    > abysmal service found this in my BY mail box just now .

    ----------------------------

    Ditched sipgate 2 weeks ago, total crap.

    John DH

    John DH, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:38:12 +0100, "John DH" <-> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Seems I am not the only one who has suffered at the hands of Sipgate's
    >> abysmal service found this in my BY mail box just now .

    >----------------------------
    >
    >Ditched sipgate 2 weeks ago, total crap.
    >
    >John DH

    I suppose while there are people like Ivor who will accept total crap
    so long has it is free Sipgate will survive John ,personally I would
    sooner pay a little and have a reliable service .

    , Apr 11, 2006

  4. >
    > If others are experiencing such a poor service I would like to get
    > together a list of users and email SIPGATE and copy all the news
    > papers and computer magazines that keep telling everyone how wonderful
    > SIPGATE is. I don't want to see other people waste the time and money
    > on this that I have!!

    Well it all works fine here : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    Clone of Ivor, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh Clone of Ivor:
    >> If others are experiencing such a poor service I would like to get
    >> together a list of users and email SIPGATE and copy all the news
    >> papers and computer magazines that keep telling everyone how
    >> wonderful SIPGATE is. I don't want to see other people waste the
    >> time and money on this that I have!!

    > Well it all works fine here : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    Fine here too!

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Clone of Ivor:
    > > > If others are experiencing such a poor service I
    > > > would like to get together a list of users and email
    > > > SIPGATE and copy all the news papers and computer
    > > > magazines that keep telling everyone how wonderful
    > > > SIPGATE is. I don't want to see other people waste
    > > > the time and money on this that I have!!

    > > Well it all works fine here :
    > > ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    > Fine here too!

    Responding to my own clone (now there's a strange feeling, it's rather a
    compliment, don't you think..?!) it's ok here as well at the moment,
    although I do still get a few registration timeout errors now and then.

    Ivor (the real one..!)

    Ivor Jones, Apr 11, 2006
  7. John DH Guest

    > >John DH

    > I suppose while there are people like Ivor who will accept total crap
    > so long has it is free Sipgate will survive John ,personally I would
    > sooner pay a little and have a reliable service .

    My sentiment exactly.
    50% of inbound calls failed (could be more) and voice mail only worked when
    it felt like it.

    John DH, Apr 11, 2006
  8. Gul Dukat Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:37:54 GMT, wrote:

    >Subject: SIPGATE
    >From: "Chris Boto" <>
    >Date: Mon, April 3, 2006 9:14 pm
    >To: (more)

    Not really a very clever idea to post the poor blighters email address
    on Usenet was it?

    Gul Dukat, Apr 11, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Gul Dukat" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:37:54 GMT,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Subject: SIPGATE
    > > From: "Chris Boto" <>
    > > Date: Mon, April 3, 2006 9:14 pm
    > > To: (more)

    > Not really a very clever idea to post the poor blighters
    > email address on Usenet was it?

    Notice he hides his own, though.

    I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    been a customer for the best part of a year.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 11, 2006
  10. Ivor Jones wrote:

    > I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    > been a customer for the best part of a year.
    >

    > Ivor

    It's almost like the people who moan on and on about how crap Macs are
    (or anything different to what they have) even though they've never used
    them.

    It seems to be pretty much the standard on usenet.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 11, 2006
  11. Alex Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>
    >> I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    >> been a customer for the best part of a year.
    >>

    >> Ivor
    >>

    > It's almost like the people who moan on and on about how crap Macs are
    > (or anything different to what they have) even though they've never used
    > them.
    >
    > It seems to be pretty much the standard on usenet.

    Their the same kind of people who think that any mobile phone network other
    than their own is a rip-off and has diabolical coverage...

    Alex, Apr 11, 2006
  12. Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:25:54 GMT, "Alex" <> wrote:

    >"Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    >>> been a customer for the best part of a year.
    >>>

    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >> It's almost like the people who moan on and on about how crap Macs are
    >> (or anything different to what they have) even though they've never used
    >> them.
    >>
    >> It seems to be pretty much the standard on usenet.

    >Their the same kind of people who think that any mobile phone network other
    >than their own is a rip-off and has diabolical coverage...

    ALL mobile phone networks are rip-offs including MY OWN but it is a
    case of putting up with them or not having a mobile phone, different
    situation regarding voip providers there are many excellent ones to
    choose from and only one bad one .

    , Apr 11, 2006
  13. Paul Cupis Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    > been a customer for the best part of a year.

    Perhaps it is same reason that people who refuse to call 087x number
    compain about them all the time.

    Or how people who don't use BT for making calls keep complaining about
    their call charges.

    Or one of many similar reasons.

    Welcome to usenet.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 11, 2006
  14. Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > different
    > situation regarding voip providers there are many excellent ones to
    > choose from and only one bad one .

    Get over it and move on with your life.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 11, 2006
  15. Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:14:32 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    >Perhaps it is same reason that people who refuse to call 087x number
    >compain about them all the time.

    Complaining is the only way to get through to people who do not
    realize that dialing 0870,s is not compulsory there are other ways
    either refuse to dial them or check the greatest site on the whole of
    the net to see if a geo number is avaiable for the company one wishes
    to call .
    WWW.SAYNOTO0870.COM
    >Or how people who don't use BT for making calls keep complaining about
    >their call charges.

    Likewise just do not make calls via a BT line use a voip provider but
    keep well away from Sipgate .

    , Apr 11, 2006
  16. Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:15:13 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> different
    >> situation regarding voip providers there are many excellent ones to
    >> choose from and only one bad one .

    >Get over it and move on with your life.

    And if Churchill and Eisenhower had taken this attitude when Hitler
    was about to invade the UK we would all have been under German rule
    now . Mind you I have have thought for years that might not have been
    a bad thing considering the state the UK is in at the moment and has
    been for some time .

    , Apr 11, 2006
  17. Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:27:00 +0100, "John DH" <-> wrote:

    >My sentiment exactly.
    >50% of inbound calls failed (could be more) and voice mail only worked when
    >it felt like it.

    Beats me how any company could have the nerve to offer a service in
    that state to the general public I just can't understand some people
    here making all the excuses under the sun for Sipgates poor service.
    I don't think Adolf would have allowed any German company to perform
    so badly .

    , Apr 11, 2006
  18. TheMgt Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > I really do fail to see why he goes on about Sipgate so much, he hasn't
    > been a customer for the best part of a year.

    It's because they're German. He has some sort of problem with this.

    TheMgt, Apr 11, 2006
  19. Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:15:13 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> different
    >>> situation regarding voip providers there are many excellent ones to
    >>> choose from and only one bad one .

    >> Get over it and move on with your life.

    > And if Churchill and Eisenhower had taken this attitude when Hitler
    > was about to invade the UK we would all have been under German rule
    > now . Mind you I have have thought for years that might not have been
    > a bad thing considering the state the UK is in at the moment and has
    > been for some time.

    Sipgate != The Third Reich

    Get some perspective.

    Paul Cupis, Apr 11, 2006
  20. Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:14:32 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    > wrote:
    >> Perhaps it is same reason that people who refuse to call 087x number
    >> compain about them all the time.

    > Complaining is the only way to get through to people who do not
    > realize that dialing 0870,s is not compulsory there are other ways
    > either refuse to dial them or check the greatest site on the whole of
    > the net to see if a geo number is avaiable for the company one wishes
    > to call .
    > WWW.SAYNOTO0870.COM
    >
    >> Or how people who don't use BT for making calls keep complaining about
    >> their call charges.

    > Likewise just do not make calls via a BT line use a voip provider but
    > keep well away from Sipgate .

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=education
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=complaining

    Do you understand the difference between these two words?

    Paul Cupis, Apr 11, 2006