    What next would you guys recommend inet+, server+ oe security+? Wich one is
    the most valuable in terms of looking for a job?

    Thanks
    Min, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Min

    Jose Guest

    Congratulations on your A+, the Network+ exam is not that difficult if you
    study, as far suggestions for another cert, I would say go with either a
    Microsoft MCP, MCSA, and/or MCSE if you like to break into the IT field,
    also take a look at different articles on certifications at
    www.certcities.com

    Good luck,

    Jose
    MCSA, Network+, A+
    Technical Trainer

    Jose, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Min

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is great Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Min

    sAxmAn Guest

    Whilst not doubting the sincerity of this message, it begs the question, why
    would anyone bother with these exams if all that is on offer at the end is
    the prospect of flipping burgers or cleaning out bogs? Are you saying that
    A+ or other exams are a waste of time?

    "cybersoldier01" <> wrote in message
    > I am assuming that you are either not working in the IT world right now,

    or
    > are in between jobs. If you are unemployed, I completely understand your
    > position - I was laid off myself about two years ago, two months after

    9/11
    > and in the worst tech market possible. Thankfully, I was offered a

    position
    > not long after that and am still there today.
    >
    > With that in mind:
    >
    > 1) Short term goal - Get a job. *Any* job. If you are ultimately

    worried
    > about paying bills and supporting a family, you have to be able to put IT
    > aside for the time being if necessary. I had a friend who was very, very
    > particular about exactly what types of jobs he would or would not take,

    even
    > though he had already received his eviction notice - twice. He eventually
    > was forced to move into a homeless shelter. (I was the one who gave him a
    > ride there along with his stuff.) Nothing should be beneath you to do:
    > Flipping burgers, washing cars, midnight security guard - anything.
    >
    > 2) Mid-range/long-range goal: Depends on which aspect(s) of IT that
    > interest you. But if you just passed your A+, there is much foundational
    > knowledge still waiting for you to explore and master. In a way, it

    doesn't
    > really matter which cert you should go for next on the list you gave us,

    as
    > long as you keep learning and gaining experience. (Whereas if you say you
    > wanted to go for the CCIE right after you got your A+, I would say that

    that

    sAxmAn, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Min

    TechGeekPro Guest

    The poster's original question(s) is a good one: "What next would you guys
    recommend inet+, server+ oe security+? Wich one is the most valuable in
    terms of looking for a job?"

    I don't know the answer to the second question but here's my point of view.
    I currently hold an A+ and MCP. I'm working on the Net+ to gain another cert
    to add to my resume (and a vender neutral one to boot) and to use as an
    elective for the MCSA. I was considering getting the Sec+ to use as an
    elective for the MCSE but I've heard that it was very difficult and
    considering that security isn't one of my strong points, I decided against
    it. After that, I'm going to work on the i-Net+ because it is very similar
    to the Net+, I have a lot of experience with Web site design/administration,
    and you can convert it into a CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Associate.

    Again, I don't know which one is more valuable in terms of looking for a
    job, but I would be interested in what everyone else thinks about the
    matter.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 4, 2004
  6. Min

    CIGuy Guest

    i-net+ seems to be "easier" - from my point of view, and I'm no Web geek,
    by any means. However, Server+ and Security+ seem to run in the same
    circles, so to speak. i-net+ isn't going to get me much more pub or cash
    in my job (net admin), so I'm looking longer term and running the server
    and sec routes now. However, if you're looking for quick alphabet soup on
    your sig or if your job offers more $$ or they have a heavy web presence,
    i-net should be gravy for you. sec+ seems to command more money and
    respect down here (SE US) Just my $.02

    Bill

    CIGuy, Jun 16, 2004