    Now I'm heading for 70-229 for obtaining my MCAD.

    Greetings,
    Roel Korsten

    Roel, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Roel

    Simon Hart Guest

    Congratulations!! Good luck for 70-229.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Roel

    Guest

    Roel,

    Thanks for the info! I just passed the 315 exam using Amit Kalani's
    315 book. I just got the 320 book in the mail and am cracking it open
    today. Good to know that the 2nd prepares you as well!

    BTW: I passed 70-229 ... I didn't use any training books or test kings.
    My main resource for passing that exam was MSDN (and my experience),
    but be sure you pay close attention to all the topics the exam covers.
    Things I would recommend knowing very well:

    - The Query Optimizer & Execution plans
    - Know Indexing inside and out.
    - There's were plenty of questions on permissions and security
    - SQL Monitor and Windows Perf monitor (and when to use each)
    - Importing and exporting data (files, xml, html, etc, office) - know
    all the tools and when you should use each. (bcp, dts pkgs, ent
    manager). Generally, they want to know how to accomplish the task as
    fast as possible, using the least
    - Locks, deadlocks, etc.

    I passed it the first time I took it. I thought it was going to be way
    harder than it was...

    Neal

    Roel wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Just passed my 70-320 exam! Got a 856 out of 1000 points.
    >
    > I prepared myself with only the training guide by Amit Kalani. Great work
    > Amit!
    >
    > Now I'm heading for 70-229 for obtaining my MCAD.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Roel Korsten

    , Jun 30, 2006
  4. Roel

    dsds Guest

    Hi,
    Can you please send me training guide by Amit Kalani to

    thanks

    --
    dsds

    dsds, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Roel

    --
    dsds

    dsds, Jul 4, 2006
  6. Roel

    Roel Guest

    About 25%

    Roel, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Roel

    akki Guest

    that's great friiends

    akki, Jul 17, 2006
  8. Roel,

    Congrarulations of your success,
    I'm preparing for the same exam, Can you please email me the copy of Amit
    Kalani's E-book

    Thanks,
    --
    Harish Shikhare

    Harish Shikhare, Jul 19, 2006
  9. Roel

    Cerebrus Guest

    Harish Shikhare wrote:
    > Roel,
    >
    > Congrarulations of your success,
    > I'm preparing for the same exam, Can you please email me the copy of Amit
    > Kalani's E-book
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Harish Shikhare

    No.

    Cerebrus, Jul 19, 2006
  10. I have asked this question to Roel and not to you Cerebrus.
    Its his/her wish to repond the question.

    I have another seperate thread where I'm asking for all forum members and I
    have read your response their.

    --
    Harish Shikhare

    Harish Shikhare, Jul 19, 2006
  11. Roel

    Cerebrus Guest

    Harish Shikhare wrote:
    > I have asked this question to Roel and not to you Cerebrus.
    > Its his/her wish to repond the question.
    >
    > I have another seperate thread where I'm asking for all forum members and I
    > have read your response their.
    >
    > --
    > Harish Shikhare

    FYI, All questions asked in a public forum can be answered by anyone
    reading the forum, irrespective of who the question is originally
    addressed to. That is the purpose of a public forum. Ignoring this fact
    will not change it. If you need your question to be *only* answered by
    the addressee, you should try email instead.

    Cerebrus, Jul 20, 2006
  12. Roel

    Cerebrus Guest

    I see now that my reply in the other thread was to a certain
    "pavankumar" who was asking for dumps, not to you. Don't get flared up
    about nothin' !

    Cerebrus, Jul 20, 2006
  13. BTW I have received the E-book today on my email Ignore this message.
    Thanks to this forum
    --
    Harish Shikhare

    Harish Shikhare, Jul 20, 2006
  14. Roel

    Cerebrus Guest

    Harish Shikhare wrote:
    > BTW I have received the E-book today on my email Ignore this message.
    > Thanks to this forum
    > --
    > Harish Shikhare

    Ignored, and you're welcome.

    Cerebrus, Jul 20, 2006
  15. Roel

    Roel Guest

    Harish,

    Why don't you buy the book yourself? If you do so, Amit Kalani will also
    gain a (little) bit from all the work he putted into writing his book...

    Roel

    "Harish Shikhare" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Roel, Jul 25, 2006
  16. Roel

    Cerebrus Guest

    Roel wrote:
    > Harish,
    >
    > Why don't you buy the book yourself? If you do so, Amit Kalani will also
    > gain a (little) bit from all the work he putted into writing his book...
    >
    > Roel

    Ohh ! That's asking too much, isn't it ! Poor Amit Kalani ;-)

    Cerebrus, Jul 25, 2006
  17. Roel

    Javaman59 Guest

    Hi Roel,

    Congratulations! Thanks also for the opinion on the Kalani book. I slogged
    through his Microsoft 70-320 book for months, and then switched to his Exam
    Cram book, and I'm finding that to be much better (ie. more focused on the
    main exam points).

    I have a question about the exam. I did the 70-316 exam (C# Windows
    Applications) and found the ADO.NET questions, and .Net infrastructure
    questions (eg. about the GAC) surprisingly easy. I found that a good
    understanding was enough, and that the details, which are a bottomless pit
    for study, weren't too necessary (to get a passing grade). If you've also
    done 70-316, can you tell me whether these areas are any more difficult in
    70-320?

    Javaman59, Jul 29, 2006