    books on this?

    Greetings,
    Roel
    Roel, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Roel

    EggHead Guest

    Good,

    Now you can write those upgrade exams.

    cheers,
    Egghead

    EggHead, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Hi, I'm intended to take 70-229 exam, is that very hard to pass???

    Lok-man LEONG, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Roel

    Roel Guest

    Hello LokmanLEONG,

    You have to know all the tools very well (especially SQL Profiler and
    Enterprise Manager). The question are rather vague and in some cases,
    multiple answers were valid. It was harder for me than I expected it to be.

    Kind Regards,
    Roel

    Roel, Oct 30, 2006
  5. Hi Roel,

    I'm preparing the exam for 70-229 and I think I need two to three months to
    prepare it well. I just worry about the deadline for taking this exam as you
    know sql server 2005 had been release for a while. By the way, how long do
    you prepare for this exam??

    Thanks!

    Lok-man LEONG

    Lok-man LEONG, Oct 30, 2006
  6. Roel

    Roel Guest

    Hi Lok-man,

    You don't have to worry about a deadline because discontinuing exams have to
    be announced 12 months prior to discontinuation (see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp) and 70-229 is
    not on the list.

    I prepared about two months (1 evening per week).

    Roel, Oct 30, 2006
  7. congratulations! FYI is 25% discount on 551 exam on this page
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/upgrade/default.mspx
    --
    Trika, Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is provided "AS IS"
    with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Trika Harms zum Spreckel (MSFT), Nov 1, 2006