  1. .... with an 872. Once again, Kalani supplied everything I needed to know.

    I figured this would have been the easier of 315, 316 and 320, but it
    was the hardest.

    General Protection Fault, Dec 3, 2003

  2. I've passed 70-316, and 70-315, I'm going to take 70-320 in a few weeks or
    so. Can you offer any advice. As far as the difficulty of the exams....I
    agree that 70-316 is more difficult than 70-315. I think that it covers a
    larger range of topics.

    "General Protection Fault" <> wrote
    in message news:#...

    Dan Normington, Dec 3, 2003

  3. General Protection Fault

    GS Guest

    Really? 70-316 is harder??
    Heh after 70-315 I thought 70-316 would have been easier!
    I was looking for a bit of a relaxed study time for 70-
    316. Doh!

    Can you specify what makes it harder than 70-315?
    (In terms of objectives, not the exam itself).

    I would have thought things like ado.net and
    tracing/deployment etc would be almost the same for 316
    and that because there's less plumbing work in terms of
    caching / session / viewstate it would be more
    straightforward.

    GS, Dec 4, 2003
  4. I thought that 316 covered more tracing/debugging, and security than 315
    did. Don't get me wrong, I found both tests to be difficult. I just think
    that 316 covers a more broad range of topics. If you think about it, that
    makes sense. In the web world you are limited basically by the browser. In
    the desktop world...there isn't much that limits you.

    Dan Normington, Dec 4, 2003
  5. GS wrote:
    > Really? 70-316 is harder??
    > Heh after 70-315 I thought 70-316 would have been easier!
    > I was looking for a bit of a relaxed study time for 70-
    > 316. Doh!
    >
    > Can you specify what makes it harder than 70-315?
    > (In terms of objectives, not the exam itself).
    >
    > I would have thought things like ado.net and
    > tracing/deployment etc would be almost the same for 316
    > and that because there's less plumbing work in terms of
    > caching / session / viewstate it would be more
    > straightforward.

    The questions themselves were more difficult. There were a lot of
    questions with 2 good answers.

    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003
  6. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    Ok so 70-316 is harder ..and 70-316 is the first .NET exam that I am giving
    ....so basic I am screwed.
    What types of question do they ask ?
    Only Mutiple Choice Question or also Drag Drop , Simulations etc

    In case of mutiple choice question do they state ..select 2 answers ( Incase
    you can select more than one asn )

    vivek, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Vivek,
    316 was the first test I took as well. Like I said in an earlier
    post...all the tests are difficult. You won't be screwed if you know the
    material. For instance, If you have studied, and you have alot of experience
    with winforms, it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if you have no
    real world experience with winforms you may want to study more than the
    average person. I guess it just depends on your knowledge on the subject.
    The format of the test is multiple choice.

    Dan Normington, Dec 4, 2003
  8. vivek wrote:
    > Ok so 70-316 is harder ..and 70-316 is the first .NET exam that I am giving
    > ...so basic I am screwed.
    > What types of question do they ask ?
    > Only Mutiple Choice Question or also Drag Drop , Simulations etc

    Can't say (NDA).

    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003
  9. General Protection Fault

    Geoff Moller Guest

    Passed 320 yesterday, by 3 q's.
    320 was by far the hardest of the three exams I took.
    You could split the test into 2 tests, at least.
    Be ready for anything that is covered on the objectives.

    I prepared with the MS Press Book, Transcender Exam, and MSDN.

    OT: Does anyone know of a test center in LA that uses 1024 x 768
    monitors?!?
    Scrolling 2-3 times on these little monitors is not an appropriate
    environment for a test with 2 minute questions.
    Arg.

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    Geoff Moller, Dec 4, 2003
  10. General Protection Fault

    Humanity Guest

    Really? 70-316 is harder? Oh dear :(

    Humanity, Dec 4, 2003
  11. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    Hi Dan

    Thanks for the reply
    I would say I have quite a decient amount of knowlege with WinForms I have
    not done any real work application development but I have done almost all
    the samples fom Amit Kalani's book and more over I understand the stuff that
    I am reading.
    I guess I should be able to pass, but there exists a slight lack in
    confedence since I am mainly a Java Developer ( done almost all Java
    Certification) and I got interested in .NEt when I was reading the book
    'Applied .NET Framework'. I was planning on giving the exam on the 8th Dec
    but I guess I will keep it on hold for a couple of days more and probally
    give it on the 10th or 11th.

    Thanks again for the positive reply

    Vivek

    > Vivek,
    > 316 was the first test I took as well. Like I said in an earlier
    > post...all the tests are difficult. You won't be screwed if you know the
    > material. For instance, If you have studied, and you have alot of

    experience
    > with winforms, it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if you have

    no
    > real world experience with winforms you may want to study more than the
    > average person. I guess it just depends on your knowledge on the subject.
    > The format of the test is multiple choice.
    >
    > "vivek" <> wrote in message
    > > Ok so 70-316 is harder ..and 70-316 is the first .NET exam that I am

    > giving
    > > ...so basic I am screwed.
    > > What types of question do they ask ?
    > > Only Mutiple Choice Question or also Drag Drop , Simulations etc
    > >

    > > In case of mutiple choice question do they state ..select 2 answers (

    > Incase
    > > you can select more than one asn )
    > >
    > > "General Protection Fault" <>

    wrote