Just Passed 70-315

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by José Ramón Rodríguez, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. 55 questions to be answered in 2 hours. My score was 936.

    José Ramón Rodríguez, Jan 30, 2004

  2. José Ramón Rodríguez

    asadeen Guest

    Hi, can you please tell me what type of exam pattern was that. Was it
    fixed form type or an adaptive-form. Can you please explain me how di
    it look like. for example where you asked to choose one from a give
    set of options or where you asked to describe the answer in one or tw
    sentence.

    Thanks
    Dee

    asadee

    asadeen, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Fixed form, these exams are not adaptive, this is the second one I take (I
    also did 70-316) and they were very similar in format. It was all multiple
    choice question.

    José R. Rodríguez, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Jose,

    Could you say a couple of words about 70-316?
    Judging by 3rd party practice tests it seems to be rather stringent, testing
    your knowledge not only on desktop applications, but the most part of the
    framework and tools (and I've also seen questions that hardly relate to
    desktop programming, such as remote debugging of a component used in a Web
    application).

    --
    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
    X-Unity Test Studio

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Feb 10, 2004
  5. José Ramón Rodríguez

    UAError Guest

    "Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]" <> wrote:

    >Jose,
    >
    >Could you say a couple of words about 70-316?
    >Judging by 3rd party practice tests it seems to be rather stringent, testing
    >your knowledge not only on desktop applications, but the most part of the
    >framework and tools (and I've also seen questions that hardly relate to
    >desktop programming, such as remote debugging of a component used in a Web
    >application).

    The exam's NDA should prevent anyone from actually stating whether or not those questions
    appeared on the exam. Also there is no trace of "Desktop Applications" anywhere
    in the exam title.

    "Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET"

    -Windows-based Applications:
    Console, Windows forms applications
    and class libraries/assemblies that
    may be used by (but aren't limited to)
    those type of applications

    -Microsoft Visual C# .NET:
    The C# Language, the Framework and
    some of the tools that come with the
    Framework SDK

    -Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    more tools to know about.

    ....and it doesn't event mention "Consuming and Manipulating Data" in there.

    Questions on the framework in the namespaces typically used in the
    development of "Windows-based applications" are fair game.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-316.asp#SKILLs

    Under the objective
    Creating and Managing Components and .NET Assemblies

    You can find something as "bizarre" as

    Create a Windows control.
    - Host a Windows control inside Microsoft Internet Explorer.

    Under
    Creating User Services
    find
    Instantiate and invoke a Web service or component.
    -Instantiate and invoke a Web service.

    An according to Kalani's preparation guide "debugging a
    remote process" (and configuration thereof) is fair game because of

    Testing and Debugging
    Debug, rework, and resolve defects in code.
    - Configure the debugging environment

    e.g. you're debugging a user's problem over the network from your machine
    (windows service on the server would be more likely but the that's 70-320)

    Desktop developers from larger organizations** would probably be startled by
    "Deploying a Windows-based Application" but because the installation
    tools are part of VS.NET (and as per client installation is a
    more frequent than per site installation) it is fair game, and it includes the
    System.Configuration.Install namespace.
    (**they usually aren't responsible for the installation package
    of their product).

    "Configuring and Securing a Windows-based Application"
    And the days are gone where security was simply getting past the logon
    (like that isn't complicated enough, especially in some "wild" distributed scenarios),
    now you have to make sure through code based security that your components
    aren't being used in a malicious manner, "out of context".

    UAError, Feb 10, 2004