    it's more difficult. Can anyone help me with a study strategy that
    will better prepare me for the test and prevent me from wasting 150
    hours studying material that will not be covered?
    Pookee, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Pookee

    Frank Mamone Guest

    That's odd and scary!

    Most people here say that this book is excellent preparation for the test. I
    am using the same book and just about ready to go for the test and based on
    your feedback makes me nervous. However, if you got 77.1% I'm sure more than
    10% of the material was useful for the exam.

    I am also using Transcender practice exams and found that most of the stuff
    in Kalini's book comes in handy for those exams. There is also plenty of
    stuff not covered in the book which is easily learned by the explanations
    and references given in the exam.

    That being said, probably the best strategy is not to rely on one source.
    Since the Exam Cram 2 is also by Kalani I imagine that the questions are all
    based on the material covered in his book.

    I am also using the Microsoft Press Self-Training kit which is absolutely
    bad! The format is difficult to follow. Information is staggered all over
    the place. It does however have many tidbits not in Kalani's book.

    I'll let you know if my strategy worked!!

    By the way, was your test a predetermined number of questions or was it the
    Adaptive type??

    -Frank M.

    Frank Mamone, Sep 1, 2004

  3. I passed this exam just this morning with 848.
    For study I too used Kalini's book and found the
    excercises to be invaluable but his practice exam is alot
    easier than the real exam.

    To prepare for the real exam I purchased the Measure Up
    test simulator. At first I found the questions here to be
    really hard until I got used to the style along with the
    verboseness of the wording.

    As for the actual exam I found that to be on another level
    again but the flavour of the questions was very much in
    line with the MeasureUp exams. I did find the exam hard
    going even with only 43 questions to do.

    I was certain that I had only scored about 400 when I hit
    the "Submit for Marking" button and was feeling down about
    the whole thing. So you can imagine when the you passed
    screen popped up with 848. Still cannot believe it.

    Now its on to 320. Anybody got advice on this one.
    I was going to use Kalini's book again and buy the
    MeasureUp exams just before sitting the exam.

    Richard Foster, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Pookee

    Pookee Guest

    Thanks for your input. Maybe I exaggerate that only 10% of my
    training guide knowledge was useful but not by much. Of the 15
    chapters in the book I would say that there were questions from 4 or 5
    of them. The good news there is that I feel like I really learned
    ASP.NET regardless of the exam.

    PS - my exam was fixed form.

    Pookee, Sep 2, 2004
  5. Pookee

    Pookee Guest

    It sounds like the MeasureUp exams or others like it would have helped
    me. I was not prepared to read a whole page of text with lots of
    details to get to the question. I may include a test like that in my
    70-320 study plan.

    Pookee, Sep 2, 2004