Just passed 70-306. How I did it?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Shakib, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Shakib

    Shakib Guest

    Just to share some of my info w/ those who like to take
    this test. I just passed the 70-306 test. This exam was
    tougher than I thought. It was worth the effort though. I
    have learned a lot.

    It took me a total of 1.5 months to prepare for it: One
    month to study for several hours a day and two weeks
    taking different sample tests and studying accordingly.

    I am a very slow reader, have pretty good background in
    VB 6.0, zero background in VB. NET. I also have a PhD in
    Engineering, which just shows I'm used to taking exams in
    general.

    The book that I read word by word was the Self-paced
    Microsoft book (500 pages) by Matthew Stoecker. Its
    sample questions were a little too difficult, but good.
    Also bought Mike Gunderloy's book by QUE Certification,
    but didn't have time to use it much. That one is a little
    too detailed (1000 pages). Its sample questions were a
    little too easy, but good. Several of the answers to
    sample questions were wrong though.

    I used getcertified4less.com to use one of their packages
    to register for the exam; that way it only cost me $35
    for the Transcender sample questions, which is normally
    over $110. The exam itself stays as $125. I thought the
    Transcender questions were totally worth it. Especially
    the comprehensive explanations to even the wrong choices
    in questions. The difficulty of its questions were just
    right. i.e., not too difficult, not too easy. Also used
    walshsw.com, which had good sample questions w/ a great
    price ($3). Some of its answers were wrong though, but
    worth the try.

    The collection of Transcender's, WSW'S, Microsoft's, and
    Que's sample questions pretty much covered the real exam
    questions. i.e., The ones that you see in braindumps,
    which are wrong and unreliable. I did look at braindumps,
    but didn't trust them, didn't rely on them; just wanted
    to get a feel of how hard the questions are. It was good
    b/c I noticed for example that Microsoft's questions in
    Stoecker's book are just way too long, w/ way too little
    time. Nothing like the real exam. One doesn't really need
    braindumps to pass this exam.

    Hope this helps. This is NOT an easy exam, but it is a
    good challenge! :)

    Shakib
    Shakib, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Shakib

    James Guest

    Congrats....

    I am going to take 70-306 tomorrow I hope it goes well.

    Best Regards
    -James

    James, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Shakib

    Marty McFly Guest

    Thanks for the post, Shakib.

    That was probably the best I've read that details exactly how you prepared.
    I've never heard of getcertified4less.com, good to know!

    Marty McFly, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Shakib

    James Guest

    Mission Completed passed 70-306 today

    -James

    James, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Shakib

    Surbhi Guest

    Hello,

    Your brief is very helpful ... I'm planning to take the
    exam in 2 mnths. I have Matthew Stoecker book and I'm
    reading it ... is this all I need to learn?? What about
    Amit Kalani's book and Franceso Balena's book. Did you do
    small projects also in VB.net or learning only. I have
    experience in VB6.0 but new to .net. Pls guide.

    Regards
    Surbhi

    Surbhi, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Shakib

    Eric Guest

    Surbhi wrote:

    > Did you do
    > small projects also in VB.net or learning only.

    You need Mike Gunderloy's book on 70-306. It has a lot of examples.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 21, 2004
  7. Shakib

    Stranger Guest

    Can you guys tell me if 70-305 is an adaptive test (CBT???) or is it a
    fixed format test?
    Thanks

    Stranger, Jul 22, 2004