Just passed 70-291

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Chris Lehr, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. Chris Lehr

    Chris Lehr Guest

    What a monster.

    2004 took it and failed miserably. I stopped training (changed to a cheaper
    employer) and didnt do any MCSE stuff until recent employer.

    13 years of field consulting experience, and 2 weeks of pretty hard
    studying, and she's done.

    Scored only a 720, mostly because of WSUS deployment questions (most
    training material, including MS courseware was still SUS) and my lack of
    field usage of RRAS for routing/NAT. I also had about 4 ISA related
    questions.

    Study guides used:
    Transcenders
    Exam Cram (2nd edition)
    Microsoft Courseware
    CBT nuggets

    Now I can stop memorizing WPAD DHCP options and move on to 284.

    YAY!
    Chris Lehr, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Chris Lehr

    catwalker63 Guest

    Chris Lehr piffled away vaguely:

    > What a monster.
    >
    > 2004 took it and failed miserably. I stopped training (changed to a cheaper
    > employer) and didnt do any MCSE stuff until recent employer.
    >
    > 13 years of field consulting experience, and 2 weeks of pretty hard
    > studying, and she's done.
    >
    > Scored only a 720, mostly because of WSUS deployment questions (most
    > training material, including MS courseware was still SUS) and my lack of
    > field usage of RRAS for routing/NAT. I also had about 4 ISA related
    > questions.
    >
    > Study guides used:
    > Transcenders
    > Exam Cram (2nd edition)
    > Microsoft Courseware
    > CBT nuggets
    >
    > Now I can stop memorizing WPAD DHCP options and move on to 284.
    >
    > YAY!

    Congratulations!

    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Chris Lehr

    Guest

    On Mar 4, 4:07 pm, catwalker63 <> wrote:
    > Chris Lehr piffled away vaguely:
    >

    > > What a monster.

    > > 2004 took it and failed miserably. I stopped training (changed to a cheaper
    > > employer) and didnt do any MCSE stuff until recent employer.

    > > 13 years of field consulting experience, and 2 weeks of pretty hard
    > > studying, and she's done.

    > > Scored only a 720, mostly because of WSUS deployment questions (most
    > > training material, including MS courseware was still SUS) and my lack of
    > > field usage of RRAS for routing/NAT. I also had about 4 ISA related
    > > questions.

    > > Study guides used:
    > > Transcenders
    > > Exam Cram (2nd edition)
    > > Microsoft Courseware
    > > CBT nuggets

    > > Now I can stop memorizing WPAD DHCP options and move on to 284.

    > > YAY!

    > Congratulations!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Catwalker
    > aka Pu$$y Feet
    > BS, MCSA, MCSE
    > MCNGP #43www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."- Hide quoted text -

    Congrats Chris!

    I am getting ready to sit this one myself in about two weeks & I am a
    little worried about it - I have passed 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, and
    70-290 in the past 5 months all with scores between 850-968. I also
    have my A+, Network+ and Novell CNA. But I am a worried about this one
    because of the RRAS and DNS stuff. I have been working in IT for 12
    years but only using MS Server for about 6 years and most of what I
    use is in a small mixed environment we only have one DNS server and
    one DHCP server. My usage of RRAS is limited to the VPN solution that
    I setup that our sales people use when they are on the road. We do
    make use of WSUS though so I am not that worried about that. Any
    advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated (Of course I do
    not want any specifics, just advice)

    So far I have used a study guide from McGraw Hill, took their practice
    exams along with the Transcenders, plus I setup a test network with a
    few PC's I has available. But I am still worried a little.

    Thanks

    Nick
    , Mar 5, 2007
  4. Chris Lehr