  1. MCP Bat

    MCP Bat Guest

    Thanks guys for your valuable advises... Now MCSA...

    MCP Bat, Nov 21, 2007

  2. MCP Bat

    John R Guest

    "MCP Bat" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thanks guys for your valuable advises... Now MCSA...

    Congrats on both your MCSA and your MCDST. Good feeling knocking off both
    at the same time, isn't it.

    John R

    John R, Nov 22, 2007

  3. MCP Bat

    TheITGirl Guest

    > Congrats on both your MCSA and your MCDST. Good feeling knocking off both
    > at the same time, isn't it.
    >
    > John R

    Yes, brilliant, well done! Onwards and upwards!

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Nov 22, 2007
  4. MCP Bat

    John R Guest

    "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Congrats on both your MCSA and your MCDST. Good feeling knocking off
    >> both at the same time, isn't it.
    >>
    >> John R
    >>

    > Yes, brilliant, well done! Onwards and upwards!
    >
    > IT Girl MCDST

    And, isn't it funny that you can earn MCSA by taking 2 tests on a server
    product, and three tests on a client product?

    John R

    John R, Nov 22, 2007
  5. MCP Bat

    TheITGirl Guest

    > And, isn't it funny that you can earn MCSA by taking 2 tests on a server
    > product, and three tests on a client product?
    >
    > John R

    Yes, I've always thought would make more sense for the MCDST to be a
    substitute for the 70-270 instead of for one of the electives. Still, who
    are we to question the mighty Microsoft?

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Nov 23, 2007
  6. MCP Bat

    John R Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "TheITGirl" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> And, isn't it funny that you can earn MCSA by taking 2 tests on a
    >>> server product, and three tests on a client product?
    >>>
    >>> John R
    >>>

    >> Yes, I've always thought would make more sense for the MCDST to be a
    >> substitute for the 70-270 instead of for one of the electives. Still,
    >> who are we to question the mighty Microsoft?
    >>
    >> IT Girl MCDST
    >>

    > It makes sense in a weird way. Sys Admins deal more with lusers than
    > "engineers" (although not to the level of the help desk) and lusers use
    > desktop/client stuff . We're supposed to make the lusers job easier. I
    > think. I'm not sure I'm on board with that completely but I'm told it's
    > a personal problem and to just fix it so they'll stop whining. Ummmm. .
    > . . What was the question again?
    >
    > Actually, I think there should be an exam on printers. I spent lots of
    > time installing toner cartridges, adding paper, and fixing paper jams
    > when I was a Sys Admin. And clearing the print queue and restarting the
    > spooler because 99.9% of lusers will hit print again if it doesn't work
    > the first time and then pile up 50 or so print jobs before they call for
    > help.
    >
    > Favorite quote:
    >
    > "I can't find my file. It was in my Word."
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Yea, I think Microsoft definitely thinks that MCDST duties will be expected
    of MCSAs. And, with more and more companies asking their IT departments to
    do more with less, I guess in a weird and twisted way, it makes some sense.

    Sometimes I like 'weird and twisted'. Sometimes not so much. ;)

    John R

    John R, Nov 24, 2007