    --
    Brian Carter
    Desktop Support Technician

    Brian Carter, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Brian Carter

    catwalker63 Guest

    Brian Carter piffled away vaguely:

    > I read this post all the time and was nervous while taking the test. I just
    > passed the 70-271 Exam this morning, however, now I have a question. What
    > grade scale does Microsoft use? Is it 0 - 1000 and anything over 700 is a
    > passing grade? I scored a 733 so I just barely made it, but I also can not
    > find any documentation on this grade scale.
    >
    > I will be taking the 70-272 next week as this will give me time to settle
    > down and take a refresher exam prep.
    >
    > As always, thanks in advance for any comments.

    A pass is a pass. MS does not publish the scale, only the pass score.
    There is no way of knowing what percentage of the test you must get
    right in order to pass or whether it is the same percentage for each
    exam. It really doesn't matter. You passed. Enjoy it. Then get back
    to work.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 10, 2007

  3. Brian Carter

    Brian Carter Guest

    You know what Catwalker?... You're right, a pass is a pass. This is the
    first MS exam I have ever taken and I am really excited, now I am getting
    back to work. :)

    Thanks.

    Brian Carter, Apr 10, 2007
  4. "Brian Carter" <> wrote in message

    > You know what Catwalker?... You're right, a pass is a pass. This is the
    > first MS exam I have ever taken and I am really excited, now I am getting
    > back to work. :)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Congratulations. :)
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 10, 2007
  5. What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
    possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
    700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?

    Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?

    Keith Chilton, Apr 11, 2007
  6. Brian Carter

    catwalker63 Guest

    Keith Chilton piffled away vaguely:

    > What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
    > possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
    > 700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?

    It has some obscure connection to their idea of exam security. Perhaps
    they're trying to avoid a "urinary olympics" event. ($1 to Neil)

    Whatever the reson, it really doesn't matter. A pass is a pass,
    regardless of the score. The scores never show on your transcript. The
    only place you see it is on the sheet you get from the testing center.
    You're just as certified whether you get 700 or 970.

    catwalker63, Apr 11, 2007
  7. a urinary olympics? LOL well that would be interesting to watch.

    Keith Chilton, Apr 11, 2007
  8. Brian Carter

    catwalker63 Guest

    Keith Chilton piffled away vaguely:

    > a urinary olympics? LOL well that would be interesting to watch.

    Umm.... ew.

    catwalker63, Apr 11, 2007
  9. Brian Carter

    JaR Guest

    Keith Chilton wrote:
    > What reasoning and logic is Microsoft using to not publish the highest
    > possible score on the test? I dont understand why they just post the minimum
    > 700 but never the maximum. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting a 1000 or greater on them?

    Yes, scores in excess of 1000 have been reported in these groups several
    times.

    --
    JaR
    Not much over, though

    JaR, Apr 11, 2007
  10. I wonder if your score goes up if you get the same amount right in 20 mins
    as opposed to 60 mins. I guess I'll just keep wondering! lol

    Keith Chilton, Apr 11, 2007