Just passed 70-271 966/1000

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Bill N, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Bill N

    Bill N Guest

    Background, Former CIO for Fortune 500's, 20+ years with computers, EE who
    designed uProcessors holding three US patents. I currently operate a
    Regional Technology Firm (pc-plususa.com)

    Network+ 2002/2005, Server+ 2001/2005, Security+ certified. CompTIA test
    developer and Network+ SME.

    My 1st usoft cert attempt today with the 70-271 test; 966/1000 score. Got
    into a debate on Wednesday about the difficulty of certs and bet a friend
    that I could pass the test without prep. Deal was if I pass he pays and I
    pay if I fail. Scheduled for two days later (today).

    As for the exam. The distractors were weak and led to many successfully
    answers by process of elimination. 61 questions 2:02 to complete. I know the
    question I missed once I saw the score report summary (silly check the box
    answer on DNS).

    Anyway, if you have used XP for a while (Power user) then bone up on NTFS,
    TCP/IP settings and Remote access and you can do it too! As for training,
    I've had good luck with Sybex and Thompson materials when I do training for
    others.

    Good Luck

    Bill N, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Bill N

    chris2602 Guest

    Congratulation on passing the exam. One question though, I believe that the
    exam includes simulations, what were they like. I've only just started my
    course but I'm just trying to get an idea.
    --
    Chris K

    chris2602, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Bill N

    T-Bone Guest

    "Bill N" <> wrote
    > Background, Former CIO for Fortune 500's, 20+ years with computers, EE who
    > designed uProcessors holding three US patents. I currently operate a
    > Regional Technology Firm (pc-plususa.com)

    * Toot, toot. *

    Oh, was that your horn?

    BTW: Exams are not out of 1000.
    --