Just Passed 70-270 Windows XP

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Talyn, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Talyn

    Talyn Guest

    Have you tried to understand what you are reading instead
    of memorizing. Once in the field the memorized crap will
    do little good unless you know what they are doing and why.

    Oh and drop the testking crap, that doesn't do you any
    good.

    Talyn

    TestKing, and another
    >Sybex style book. Before the test started it said there

    would 50 questions
    >and I had 1hr and 45 minutes to complete it. It also

    stated I had to have a
    >700 to pass. The exam questions were 90% scenario based.

    Don't even think
    >your ready just because you can spout off what you

    memorized from the books!
    >Each question poses a problem and you must choose

    the "best" solution, even
    >though there may be a couple that would be a good

    solution, but not the
    >"best".
    >Here's how the test questions broke out:
    >
    >Permissions, share and NTFS(separate and combined) 20%
    >
    >Disks, know the possible disk configurations and

    everything that goes along
    >with them, 20%
    >
    >Installation, there were a couple of questions for each

    of the unattended,
    >sysprep, and RIS options 20%
    >
    >Security/Certificates for Internet/Intranet 20%
    >
    >The rest of the questions were about Accessability and

    XP's personal web
    >server. There were also 3 network diagrams which you had

    to answer questions
    >about or solve a problem using the diagram.
    >
    >I did not have any Performance and Monitoring related

    questions.

    Talyn, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Talyn

    Consultant Guest

    and for gods sake, stop cross posting

    Consultant, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Talyn

    Consultant Guest

    no one is arguing that they aren't word-for-word. what we are stating
    though, is that they are cheating, period.

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > I've been in IT for 16 years, currently a Sr. Network Administrator, and

    can
    > do anything related to computers. All I need to do is memorize this crap

    > pass the test to get the piece of paper that tells someone else what I

    have

    Consultant, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Talyn

    RH Guest

    The fact that the testking stuff was almost "word for
    word" what was in your test is WHY you don't use them.
    It just makes you a braindumping A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R!!!
    If you have worked in IT for 16 years, then you don't
    need them anyway...cuz you know it all!!!!

    memorize this crap to

    RH, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Talyn

    RH Guest

    And if you only squeeked by with a 747 with all the
    answers, God help the people who depend on you for
    network support and administration.!!! Geeeesh

    RH, Sep 15, 2004
  6. >Say what you want, the TestKing
    >studyguides I saw were almost word for word what was on my test.

    are you taking note microsoft? Of course not.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 15, 2004
  7. >All I need to do is memorize this crap to
    >pass the test to get the piece of paper that tells someone else what I have
    >known and been doing for 10 years. Say what you want, the TestKing
    >studyguides I saw were almost word for word what was on my test.

    the piece of paper says fcuk all about you. Why? because anyone can
    pass these exams whether you have 20 years experience or no
    experience. People can simply memorize the answers to the questions as
    provided by the likes of those c*nts at tesking - makes my blood
    boil....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 15, 2004
  8. Talyn

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "RH" <> spewed
    in news:037301c49b5b$3ebf2520$:

    > And if you only squeeked by with a 747 with all the
    > answers, God help the people who depend on you for
    > network support and administration.!!! Geeeesh

    (first frame)
    <dilbert fiddling with computer, geek standing behind him in caped outfit>
    Caped Geek:Step away from that network server! I'm certified!

    (next frame)
    <caped geek sitting at console, dilbert looking on in stunned amazement>
    Caped Geek: I SUMMON THE VAST POWER OF CERTIFICATION!!!!!!

    (last frame)
    Caped Geek:WEll, this is embarrassing; that's all I remember from the
    classes...

    {41 to Scott Adams}
    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  9. Talyn

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?="
    <> spewed in news:F82A27B5-1F83-4FE5-8883-
    :

    > Say what you want, the TestKing
    > studyguides I saw were almost word for word what was on my test.

    and are cheating....making you a cheater...for which there are penalties...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  10. Neil wrote:
    > babbling on and on again "RH" <>
    > spewed in news:037301c49b5b$3ebf2520$:
    >
    >> And if you only squeeked by with a 747 with all the
    >> answers, God help the people who depend on you for
    >> network support and administration.!!! Geeeesh

    > (first frame)
    > <dilbert fiddling with computer, geek standing behind him in caped
    > outfit> Caped Geek:Step away from that network server! I'm certified!
    >

    > (next frame)
    > <caped geek sitting at console, dilbert looking on in stunned
    > amazement> Caped Geek: I SUMMON THE VAST POWER OF CERTIFICATION!!!!!!
    >

    > (last frame)
    > Caped Geek:WEll, this is embarrassing; that's all I remember from the
    > classes...
    >
    > {41 to Scott Adams}

    That would be a keeper. Is it anywhere on the net?
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 15, 2004
  11. Talyn

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Frisbee® <> spewed
    in news::

    > Neil wrote:
    >> babbling on and on again "RH" <>
    >> spewed in news:037301c49b5b$3ebf2520$:
    >>
    >>> And if you only squeeked by with a 747 with all the
    >>> answers, God help the people who depend on you for
    >>> network support and administration.!!! Geeeesh

    >> (first frame)
    >> <dilbert fiddling with computer, geek standing behind him in caped
    >> outfit> Caped Geek:Step away from that network server! I'm certified!
    >>

    >> (next frame)
    >> <caped geek sitting at console, dilbert looking on in stunned
    >> amazement> Caped Geek: I SUMMON THE VAST POWER OF CERTIFICATION!!!!!!
    >>

    >> (last frame)
    >> Caped Geek:WEll, this is embarrassing; that's all I remember from the
    >> classes...
    >>
    >> {41 to Scott Adams}

    > That would be a keeper. Is it anywhere on the net?

    currently photocopied at home...good to show to the classes I
    taught...not sure about other locations....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  12. Talyn

    JaR Guest

    > {41 to Scott Adams}

    Usual honorarium is a buck.

    JaR
    JaR, Sep 15, 2004
  13. Talyn

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again JaR <> spewed in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    >

    >> {41 to Scott Adams}

    > Usual honorarium is a buck.
    >
    > JaR

    I'm unusual...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  14. circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:07:11 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=
    () said,
    > Say what you want, the TestKing
    > studyguides I saw were almost word for word what was on my test.

    And that's an endorsement? Cripes.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 15, 2004
  15. circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:42:48 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Sphere <.> (The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>) said,
    > >Say what you want, the TestKing
    > >studyguides I saw were almost word for word what was on my test.

    > are you taking note microsoft? Of course not.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    You probably shouldn't bet money on that assumption.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 15, 2004
  16. Talyn

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > babbling on and on again Frisbee® <>
    > spewed in news::
    >

    >> That would be a keeper. Is it anywhere on the net?
    >>

    > currently photocopied at home...good to show to the classes I
    > taught...not sure about other locations....

    Fris, I've sent you a .gif copy from my collection.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "If you think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight."
    catwalker63, Sep 16, 2004
  17. catwalker63 wrote:
    > Neil <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    >> babbling on and on again Frisbee® <>
    >> spewed in news::
    >>

    >>> That would be a keeper. Is it anywhere on the net?
    >>>

    >> currently photocopied at home...good to show to the classes I
    >> taught...not sure about other locations....
    >>

    > Fris, I've sent you a .gif copy from my collection.

    Received, and much appreciated. Even my boss thought it was funny. Now
    hanging on my wall (the cartoon, not my boss).

    --
    Fris "Bildert" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 16, 2004
  18. Talyn

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Neil <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    >> babbling on and on again Frisbee® <>
    >> spewed in news::
    >>

    >>> That would be a keeper. Is it anywhere on the net?
    >>>

    >> currently photocopied at home...good to show to the classes I
    >> taught...not sure about other locations....
    >>

    > Fris, I've sent you a .gif copy from my collection.

    Ahhh, I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to post a copy to the sekrit
    site. Umm, that'd be great, OK? And, umm could you fill out those TSRs
    today, too? Great.

    Lumberg
    JaR, Sep 16, 2004