Just Passed 70-210

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rick, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Congrats. Sounds like you will find 70-215 easy also. It was not a bad test
    at all and has some of the same network type questions that you saw on
    70-210. 70-216 is another easy test if you know networking. The only rough
    ones for me were 70-217 and 70-220. I hated the Group policy questions when
    I took 70-217 as I had not worked with GP as much as I should have before
    taking the test. 70-220 was a bear because of the massive amount of reading
    that you have to do and again it has lots of GP questions. I still need to
    take 70-214 and upgrade to the MCSE security on 2000.

    Again congrats a keep up the hard work.

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Yay!

    Finally managed to take the 70-210 exam today (after going all the way to
    the test centre monday and the systems being down) and passed with a score
    of 906!
    Funny though, none of the questions I was expection came up. Nothing on NTFS
    or Share permissions, closest it it came to permissions was on printers.
    Lots of questions on TCP/IP networking though.
    All in all I'm pretty happy, might have a few days rest and start revising
    for 70-215, want to do that one as soon as possible after taking 70-210. Do
    I get one of those little spiffy lapel pins to impress all the girls with
    now? ;-D

    Ben
    Ben Blackmore, Jul 15, 2004

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Rick

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "Ben Blackmore" blathered:

    > Do I get one of those little spiffy lapel pins to impress all the girl
    > with now?

    Yes, but don't try combining it with that pheromone cologne or you might just
    find yourself getting attacked.

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Rick

    catwalker63 Guest

    Congratulations Ben! Good luck for the next one!

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Rick

    RH Guest

    Congrats on your first one! Always feels good to get the
    first one out of the way... Now you know what kind of
    stuff they are likely to ask on the others. Hold that
    thought on the lapel pin...only 6 more exams before it
    comes to your door!!!

    RH, Jul 15, 2004
  7. Rick

    Neil Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in news:2e53201c46aa9
    $71a36f10$:

    > Hold that
    > thought on the lapel pin...only 6 more exams before it
    > comes to your door!!!

    nope he gets a lady killer pin for the first one - only an MCP lapel pin
    but shiny nontheless....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 15, 2004
  8. Rick

    catwalker63 Guest

    Slainte!

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 15, 2004
  9. "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Congrats. Sounds like you will find 70-215 easy also. It was not a bad

    test
    > at all and has some of the same network type questions that you saw on
    > 70-210. 70-216 is another easy test if you know networking. The only rough
    > ones for me were 70-217 and 70-220. I hated the Group policy questions

    when
    > I took 70-217 as I had not worked with GP as much as I should have before
    > taking the test. 70-220 was a bear because of the massive amount of

    reading
    > that you have to do and again it has lots of GP questions. I still need to
    > take 70-214 and upgrade to the MCSE security on 2000.
    >
    > Again congrats a keep up the hard work.
    >
    > Rick

    Networking would be my hardest, I'm not so great with bindings and subnet
    classes and stuff.
    Group policy isn't so bad, you just need to work with it to gain experiance.
    I'm alway messing with the different GPs in our AD at work, you just have to
    remember to test changes made with a test group, thats something I learnt
    early on after disabling the desktop properties to the managing directors
    group policy! :-D

    Ben
    Ben Blackmore, Jul 15, 2004
  10. Cheers Kelley!

    Ben Blackmore, Jul 15, 2004
  11. Rick

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "Neil" blathered:

    > but shiny nontheless....

    Ohhhhh... ssshhhiiinnnyyyy.....

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Jul 16, 2004

    =?Utf-8?B?bXkgcXVlc3Rpb24gIHdoeSB0YWtlIDIwLTIxMCB3, Jul 19, 2004