    Anyone here in Canada, ordered from them before?

    Will I be tax again when the package arrives?

    Thanks

    ripplesoflife, Apr 13, 2007

  2. ripplesoflife

    haywood Guest

    sounds like your going to be tripple taxed...... PST, GST, and the
    state tax .......as well as -maybe- duties, and if it came -other- than
    USPS probably brokerage fees.........

    haywood, Apr 13, 2007

  3. ripplesoflife

    Mark² Guest

    ripplesoflife wrote:
    > I'm in Canada.
    >
    > Almost all other online stores I ordered from do not add tax unless
    > the customer lives in the same region as the store.
    >
    > Usually when the package arrives, it will then be taxed.
    >
    > Anyone here in Canada, ordered from them before?
    >
    > Will I be tax again when the package arrives?
    >
    > Thanks

    Wasn't cameraworld.com bought by Ritz? If so, they may charge tax if they
    have a store in your area.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Apr 14, 2007
  4. On Apr 13, 10:49 pm, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > ripplesoflife wrote:
    > > I'm in Canada.

    > > Almost all other online stores I ordered from do not add tax unless
    > > the customer lives in the same region as the store.

    > > Usually when the package arrives, it will then be taxed.

    > > Anyone here in Canada, ordered from them before?

    > > Will I be tax again when the package arrives?

    > > Thanks

    > Wasn't cameraworld.com bought by Ritz? If so, they may charge tax if they
    > have a store in your area.
    >
    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > www.pbase.com/markuson

    Hm....,

    both sites are exactly the same.

    I usually buy from B&H, but they no longer have the camera I'm looking
    for.

    I just hope the tax charged will be for the brokerage use... They also
    charged duty.

    ripplesoflife, Apr 14, 2007
  5. On Apr 14, 2:02 am, "ripplesoflife" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 10:49 pm, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    >

    > here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > > ripplesoflife wrote:
    > > > I'm in Canada.

    > > > Almost all other online stores I ordered from do not add tax unless
    > > > the customer lives in the same region as the store.

    > > > Usually when the package arrives, it will then be taxed.

    > > > Anyone here in Canada, ordered from them before?

    > > > Will I be tax again when the package arrives?

    > > > Thanks

    > > Wasn't cameraworld.com bought by Ritz? If so, they may charge tax if they
    > > have a store in your area.

    > > --
    > > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > > www.pbase.com/markuson

    > Hm....,
    >
    > both sites are exactly the same.

    > I usually buy from B&H, but they no longer have the camera I'm looking
    > for.
    >
    > I just hope the tax charged will be for the brokerage use... They also
    > charged duty.- Hide quoted text -

    I ordered the Casio EX P505, and will be selling my FujiFilm Z1. Is
    that a good/bad move?

    They both have no external moving parts, both are 5 MP (actually the
    Z1 is 5.1), and both take good video.

    In terms of compactness, the Z1 is the winner, and it feels very
    solid, but it just lacks the manual controls that the P505 has. If my
    Casio EX P700 had been able to take better video, I wouldn't even have
    bought my Z1 in the first place.

    ripplesoflife, Apr 14, 2007
  6. On Apr 14, 2:02 am, "ripplesoflife" <> wrote:
    > On Apr 13, 10:49 pm, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    >

    > here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > > ripplesoflife wrote:
    > > > I'm in Canada.

    > > > Almost all other online stores I ordered from do not add tax unless
    > > > the customer lives in the same region as the store.

    > > > Usually when the package arrives, it will then be taxed.

    > > > Anyone here in Canada, ordered from them before?

    > > > Will I be tax again when the package arrives?

    > > > Thanks

    > > Wasn't cameraworld.com bought by Ritz? If so, they may charge tax if they
    > > have a store in your area.

    > > --
    > > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > > www.pbase.com/markuson

    > Hm....,
    >
    > both sites are exactly the same.

    > I usually buy from B&H, but they no longer have the camera I'm looking
    > for.
    >
    > I just hope the tax charged will be for the brokerage use... They also
    > charged duty.- Hide quoted text -

    I ordered the Casio EX P505, and will be selling my FujiFilm Z1. Is
    that a good/bad move?

    They both have no external moving parts, both are 5 MP (actually the
    Z1 is 5.1), and both take good video, and both basically
    discontinued.

    ripplesoflife, Apr 14, 2007