Just like I said it was.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 28, 2007

  2. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Richard C. Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    > The cable cos cut your resolution, and over half the buyers out there
    > don't even know what they are getting, nor that it makes SDTV look bad
    > because it shoes it for what it really is, in all its low res "detail".

    =============================
    Which is why I get all my DTV/HDTV via antenna!

    Richard C., Dec 28, 2007

  3. ChairmanOfTheBored

    Bill's News Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    > "ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in
    > message news:eek:...
    >> The cable cos cut your resolution, and over half the buyers
    >> out there
    >> don't even know what they are getting, nor that it makes SDTV
    >> look bad
    >> because it shoes it for what it really is, in all its low res
    >> "detail".
    >>

    > =============================
    > Which is why I get all my DTV/HDTV via antenna!

    Does anyone have a numbers supporting this opinion? I capture
    both from antenna and cable. On the antenna, which is about 8.7
    GBph, I get one HD stream and several non-HD. On the cable,
    which is about 17.4 GBph, I get major networks at 2x1080i or
    3x720p streams and possibly one other non-HD on either. How are
    these numbers any different from each other?

    Much of my recording, during the writers' strike, is from PBS.
    OTA they send a 720p stream and 3 other SD streams. On cable,
    they share with FOX and ABC 720p streams and a single other SD
    stream. The cable signal is twice the bit rate of OTA.

    After selecting a stream and editing with VideoReDO, most cable
    broadcasts (save PBS) contain more bytes per 41 minutes than
    OTA.

    Bill's News, Dec 29, 2007