    the windows update because it don't support IE6 64 bit. And. I need a anti
    virus progam and fire wall program. Any ideas.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Do you happen to have a board with nVidia chipset? It seems there is a
    problem with the nVidia firewall in Win x64. From past posts, I believe
    the best procedure is to install it and then uninstall it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005

  3. Ern <> wrote:
    > I cannot use IE 6 32-bit. Get the error like when you are not
    > connected to the internet. But IE 6 64 bit works fine(which I am
    > using now. I cannot use the windows update because it don't support
    > IE6 64 bit. And. I need a anti virus progam and fire wall program.
    > Any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Ern;

    As Dré said, you may have a problem with nvidia firewall, but no one can't
    say without knowing more about your configuration.
    Avas and Nod32 are good antivirus and Tiny Firewall is not bad neither.
    If you have a mobo with an nvidia chip, you should check if the nvidia
    firewall is not installed. It looks like a common problem with this kind of
    motherboards.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Known problem with NVIDIA's firewall. If you have it installed, uninstall it.
    If you haven't yet installed it, install it and then uninstall it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Thanx. I do have Nforces chipset and unistalled nvidia firewall. now works
    fine. Just need a working anti virus progam. any ideas???
    Thanx for the help. Besides that. Seems like my hardware is working fine.
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJu?=, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Ern <> wrote:
    > Thanx. I do have Nforces chipset and unistalled nvidia firewall.
    > now works fine. Just need a working anti virus progam. any ideas???
    > Thanx for the help. Besides that. Seems like my hardware is working
    > fine.

    I'm quite happy with avast, it's free.
    NOD32 have a beta version of 64bit soft. NOD32 have a good reputation

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 17, 2005
  7. Yep, got it up and running since about a week.
    No problems yet. Only thing is user-interface
    is different from the one in XP32.
    It's not full 64-bit though (see their website).

    Beta username and password is beta25/beta25

    jud

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  8. Avast is free for non-commercial use. NOD32 is in public beta for x64.
    Symantec's Enterprise version if you really want to pay too much (and don't
    mind having their rather pervasive and invasive software on your machine.)

    All the anti-spyware tools seem to be working well.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005
  9. The x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 will not update it's signatures
    from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which won't work through
    proxyservers.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005
  10. Thanks, I confess I don't keep track of Norton, since they're on my "no
    thanks" list.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 18, 2005