    windows but i cant get it to connect to the internet I downloaded all the
    drivers and I just want to get the wireless to work so I can connect to my
    router. There's not a single place in my network places everything is blank.
    sportsfreak316, Mar 28, 2009

  2. sportsfreak316

    Gordon Guest

    "sportsfreak316" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Dell mini 9 that came with ubuntu and I uninstalled it and got
    > windows but i cant get it to connect to the internet I downloaded all the
    > drivers and I just want to get the wireless to work so I can connect to my
    > router. There's not a single place in my network places everything is
    > blank.

    Presumably you installed the wireless card driver? Is the card shown as
    working in Device Manager?
    Is your wireless secure? Did you set up the connection with the password?

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level
    Gordon, Mar 28, 2009

  3. sportsfreak316

    >I have a Dell mini 9 that came with ubuntu and I uninstalled it and got
    > windows but i cant get it to connect to the internet I downloaded all the
    > drivers and I just want to get the wireless to work so I can connect to my
    > router. There's not a single place in my network places everything is
    > blank.

    Err second question - why did you buy a machine with an OS on it that you
    didn't want to use, if you are obviously not very proficient at changing
    OSs?

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level
    Gordon, Mar 28, 2009
  4. Hi
    Dell provides Wireless Card Drivers for Windows XP.
    Look at this page under No.6 Network.
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...temID=INSPIRON910&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
    Before you try again installing the drivers make sure that there is No Ghost
    entry in the Device Manger.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 28, 2009
  5. sportsfreak316

    Charles W Guest

    This is not a reply to your question, but a question of my own.

    I also have a Dell Mini 9, I also want to reinstall the OS, but there is no
    CD in the Mini 9, would you please, if you don't mind, tell me step by step
    how do you reinstall the OS.

    If an external CD is required, would the external CD be "automatically"
    recognized by the re-installation process all the way from start to finish?

    Would you set the boot device as a "CD" or "removable device"?

    Thanks.

    Charles.

    Charles W, Mar 30, 2009
  6. sportsfreak316

    David B. Guest

    You said you downloaded the drivers, did you install them?

    David B., Mar 30, 2009