Just Installed Sony DW-U14A DVD Dual Format Burner and need a lil help ;o)

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Hunter, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Howdy,

    I just installed a Sony DW-U14A Burner on my Sony
    Vaio RX470DS.

    Loaded up Nero and the only DVD burn speed available is 2.4x (DVD+R?)

    Did I not set the jumpers correctly?

    I would like to be able to burn in both DVD-R and +R formats as well
    as be able to chose between 1x-4x speeds.

    I should note that I can select any speed from 4x to 24x when burning
    CDR.

    Any help would be greatlly appreciated!

    Thanks!!

    Hunter, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Hunter

    Max of Mad Guest

    Re: Just Installed Sony DW-U14A DVD Dual Format Burner and need alil help ;o)

    Hunter wrote:

    > Howdy,
    >

    > I just installed a Sony DW-U14A Burner on my Sony
    > Vaio RX470DS.
    >
    > Loaded up Nero and the only DVD burn speed available is 2.4x (DVD+R?)
    >
    > Did I not set the jumpers correctly?
    >
    > I would like to be able to burn in both DVD-R and +R formats as well
    > as be able to chose between 1x-4x speeds.
    >
    > I should note that I can select any speed from 4x to 24x when burning
    > CDR.
    >
    > Any help would be greatlly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Depending on when the unit was manufactured, you may need to do a
    Firmware update to get full speed dvd write functionality.

    Found this interesting too:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t181352.html

    Max of Mad
    --
    Leave a tone after the message

    Max of Mad, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Re: Just Installed Sony DW-U14A DVD Dual Format Burner and need alil help ;o)

    When you put media in the drive, it's going to limit your choices to
    what the media will support.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 29, 2003