    strings won't be deleted. I've searched googles and other XP sites and have
    found that this is an infamous problem. Can anyone help me remove Microsoft
    Tun Miniport Adapter from my system?
    =?Utf-8?B?TW9yZGlkbw==?=, Nov 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TW9yZGlkbw==?=

    Ryan Younger Guest

    This component is part of IPv6. If you're not using IPv6 (unlikely that you
    would be), you can uninstall it by doing the following:

    Click Start | Run type: cmd

    At the command prompt type: ipv6 uninstall

    If IPv6 was installed you will see the following message:

    Uninstalling...
    A reboot is required to complete this action.

    If not you will see the this message:

    IPv6 is not installed.
    Succeeded.

    If you see the first message you can reboot your PC. If not then this is
    not the issue.

    With IPv6 uninstalled, you can try and remove the 'Microsoft Tun Miniport
    Adapter #2' from within Device Manager.

    Let us know how it goes.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    Networking Weblog

    Ryan Younger, Nov 29, 2005

  3. I appreciate your repy, Ryan, but I've already tried your suggestion, and the
    miniport remained with all the audacity of the unremovable. I finally did a
    non-destructive recovery, and it's gone.

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9yZGlkbw==?=, Dec 4, 2005