    and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    connectivity quality.

    Thanks
    talk44.com, Oct 23, 2006

  2. talk44.com

    Tim Guest

    talk44.com wrote:
    > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    > and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    > connectivity quality.

    All of our outbound calls go through Gradwell. Soonish, all our inbound
    calls will also go through gradwell.

    This is for a busy office with 6 people working. We are happy.

    But remember, your voip connection is only as good as your network
    connection is.

    Tim
    Tim, Oct 23, 2006

  3. talk44.com

    Cue Ivor Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:

    >I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    >and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >connectivity quality.

    Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about Sipgate.
    Cue Ivor, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Tim wrote:
    > talk44.com wrote:
    >> I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    >> and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >> connectivity quality.

    > All of our outbound calls go through Gradwell. Soonish, all our inbound
    > calls will also go through gradwell.
    >
    > This is for a busy office with 6 people working. We are happy.
    >
    > But remember, your voip connection is only as good as your network
    > connection is.

    I've got a site (small office and factory , 4-5 people in office and 4-5
    people in factory), 12 handsets all outbound with gradwell majority of
    inbound with gradwell (0800 inbound with voiptalk, 2 BT lines and a
    Bulldog line).

    I've used Gradwell as an incoming Fax service? (didn't go very well, but
    I'm sure if I persued it they'd have found out what the trouble was).

    I've used them for an incoming Spanish number (sound quality was
    excellent, no dropped calls).

    I've had out main incoming number stop working three times soon after
    porting it over to them (twice was not their fault and once was a DB
    crash that they had). After calling them the line was back working
    within the hour (within 5 minutes on one occasion).

    For outgoing and incoming I use trunked IAX2 and mostly G.729a (G.711u
    for fax).

    The biggest problem I've had lately is with my ADSL provider, dropping
    off the service 4-5 times a day (hopefully now fixed, but worth checking
    the quality of your connection first).

    At home I use them for outgoing mobile calls and incoming on what was
    our second BT line (not a single dropped call). Other calls at home go
    through voip.co.uk.
    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 23, 2006
  5. talk44.com wrote:
    > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    > and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    > connectivity quality.

    Sipgate seem to be fine for light use, but probably wouldn't put them in
    an office.

    What problems were you having with voiptalk? (other than their
    unfriendly and inflexible website).
    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 23, 2006
  6. talk44.com

    wrote:

    >I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    >and Sipgate appear to be utter shit,

    What a good description of them both seems I am not the only one that
    recognizes shit when he sees it .
    , Oct 23, 2006
  7. talk44.com

    Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:28:13 +0100, Cue Ivor < Þ @ Þ > wrote:

    >On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:
    >
    >>I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    >>and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >>connectivity quality.

    >Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about Sipgate.

    And of course giving the usual bull shit about how he never has any
    problems with them I honestly don't think Ivor would know good service
    if he fell over it .
    , Oct 23, 2006
  8. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "talk44.com" <> wrote in message
    > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    > experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    > utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    > connectivity quality.
    >
    > Thanks

    Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
    excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
    website are ex-VAT.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  9. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:28:13 +0100, Cue Ivor < Þ @ Þ >
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    > > > experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    > > > utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    > > > connectivity quality.

    > > Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about
    > > Sipgate.

    > And of course giving the usual bull shit about how he
    > never has any problems with them I honestly don't think
    > Ivor would know good service if he fell over it .

    Yawn.

    And I *haven't* had any problems recently, I'm not going to lie and say I
    have just to keep you happy, Ron.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  10. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Cue Ivor" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? Þ @ Þ ?="> wrote in
    message news:
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:
    >
    > > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    > > experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    > > utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    > > connectivity quality.

    > Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about
    > Sipgate.

    I'm not going to lie and say I've had bad/no service when I haven't, just
    to keep idiots like Ron Chew happy.

    BTW what's wrong with posting using your real name, are you trying to hide
    something..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  11. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, "talk44.com"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    > > experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    > > utter shit,

    > What a good description of them both seems I am not the
    > only one that recognizes shit when he sees it .

    Looked in a mirror lately..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  12. talk44.com

    Tom Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:44:06 +0100, Ivor Jones said in article
    <>:

    >"talk44.com" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    >> experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    >> utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >> connectivity quality.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
    >excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
    >website are ex-VAT.

    He wasn't just talking about outages, but also call quality.

    Gradwell are obviously aiming themselves at the business market where
    VAT is rarely a problem.
    Tom, Oct 23, 2006
  13. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "talk44.com" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    >> experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    >> utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >> connectivity quality.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
    > excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
    > website are ex-VAT.
    >
    > Ivor

    Also, gradwell are the only voip company I can think of that don't offer
    free calls if you are calling from one customer to another.

    (Que army of people with more providers).
    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 23, 2006
  14. talk44.com

    Cue Ivor Guest

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:46:42 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

    >BTW what's wrong with posting using your real name, are you trying to hide
    >something..?

    Why? Does it matter? If you're so keen to be open, why don't you post
    using real name, real email address, postal address and telephone
    number - or are you trying to hide something?

    Personally I couldn't care a Japanese monkey's curly toenails as to
    what name anyone uses here.
    Cue Ivor, Oct 23, 2006
  15. talk44.com

    John P Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:28:13 +0100, Cue Ivor < Þ @ Þ > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
    >>> and Sipgate appear to be utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >>> connectivity quality.

    >> Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about Sipgate.

    > And of course giving the usual bull shit about how he never has any
    > problems with them I honestly don't think Ivor would know good service
    > if he fell over it .

    Why is it necessary for every thread to be hijacked by you and/or Ivor
    for the purposes of your petty vendetta. Other people would prefer to
    read the considered comments of other users in a potentially useful
    thread such as this without all this too often repeated rubbish.

    JP
    John P, Oct 23, 2006
  16. talk44.com

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-10-23, Thomas Kenyon <> wrote:

    > Also, gradwell are the only voip company I can think of that don't offer
    > free calls if you are calling from one customer to another.
    >
    > (Que army of people with more providers).

    I may be misunderstanding you but there are a couple of references to
    VoIP to VoIP calls being free on

    http://www.gradwell.com/voip/overview.php

    Brian.
    Brian, Oct 23, 2006
  17. talk44.com

    <> wrote:

    >"talk44.com" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
    >> experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
    >> utter shit, alot of the time, both in uptime and
    >> connectivity quality.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
    >excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
    >website are ex-VAT.
    >
    >Ivor

    God it all comes down to money with you Ivor quality just does not
    seem to matter.
    , Oct 23, 2006
  18. talk44.com

    <> wrote:

    >BTW what's wrong with posting using your real name, are you trying to hide
    >something..?

    No just keeping spam at bay so I do not need to keep boring everyone
    here with reference to spam every time some comes along like you do .
    , Oct 23, 2006
  19. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "John P" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Why is it necessary for every thread to be hijacked by
    > you and/or Ivor for the purposes of your petty vendetta.
    > Other people would prefer to read the considered comments
    > of other users in a potentially useful thread such as
    > this without all this too often repeated rubbish.

    So would I John, but he starts it. I will *not* stand by and be insulted
    without responding.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006
  20. talk44.com

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Cue Ivor" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? Þ @ Þ ?="> wrote in
    message news:
    > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:46:42 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > > BTW what's wrong with posting using your real name, are
    > > you trying to hide something..?

    > Why? Does it matter? If you're so keen to be open, why
    > don't you post using real name, real email address,
    > postal address and telephone number - or are you trying
    > to hide something?

    I don't publish address details etc. for obvious reasons, but I do use my
    real name, it is important. It proves you are serious.

    > Personally I couldn't care a Japanese monkey's curly
    > toenails as to what name anyone uses here.

    Nor could I, as long as it's their real one.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 23, 2006