    JC Guest

    Google's title has gone braille as you have probably seen, but how does
    a blind person feel the dots? ;)

    JC, Jan 4, 2006

  2. JC

    Philip Guest

    JC wrote:
    > Google's title has gone braille as you have probably seen, but how does
    > a blind person feel the dots? ;)

    Interactive touchscreen: screentouch.

    Philip

    Philip, Jan 4, 2006

  3. JC

    steve Guest

    JC wrote:

    > Google's title has gone braille as you have probably seen, but how does
    > a blind person feel the dots? ;)

    Touch screen.....of course.

    steve, Jan 5, 2006
  4. JC

    JC Guest

    steve wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >

    >>Google's title has gone braille as you have probably seen, but how does
    >>a blind person feel the dots? ;)

    > Touch screen.....of course.

    Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    JC, Jan 5, 2006
  5. JC

    C_Lyon Guest

    JC wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> JC wrote:
    >>

    >>> Google's title has gone braille as you have probably seen, but how does
    >>> a blind person feel the dots? ;)

    >> Touch screen.....of course.
    >>

    > Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    Or you can try listening for them, like morse code ;)

    C_Lyon, Jan 5, 2006
  6. JC

    -=rjh=- Guest

    C_Lyon wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> steve wrote:

    >>> Touch screen.....of course.
    >>>

    >> Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    > Or you can try listening for them, like morse code ;)

    Actually, blind people could do both: using a braille display they can
    feel the alternative text; or by using software like Jaws, they'd hear
    "Happy Birthday Louis Braille!"

    I don't know if many people here have seen blind people using computers,
    from the comments here, I guess not. To compensate their loss, some
    blind people develop impressive memory skills and some are able to read
    from a braille display at amazing speed (although still slower than
    reading directly). I'm not sure, but I think braille may be becoming
    less widely used, especially for people who haven't been blind from
    birth. For deafblind people there are fewer choices. Technology is
    making a huge difference in this area and offering alternatives.

    http://www.deafblind.com/display.html

    People proficient in using Jaws (a screen reader) or similar can
    understand text readers at amazing speeds, probably up to 4 times (or
    more) the speed at which sighted people could understand what is being
    said, let alone comprehend it.

    http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jawsinfo.asp

    If deafblind I think they can output Jaws to a Braille display instead
    of audio (so they feel display, after it has been converted to text),
    but I'm not sure about that.

    Some of the people posting to this ng in the past have been blind,
    haven't seen them around for a while, and for all I know, there may well
    be others posting even now.

    HTH

    -=rjh=-, Jan 5, 2006
  7. On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:30:04 +1300, JC <> wrote in

    > Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    Should of? Must of?

    AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

    --
    Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 5, 2006
  8. JC

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:30:04 +1300, JC <> wrote in
    >
    >> Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    > Should of? Must of?
    >
    > AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

    Take your pills Nicolaas. This isn't
    alt.english.language.as.she.is.correctly.spoken

    Or shouldn't I of said that? ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 5, 2006
  9. On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:27:32 +1300, ~misfit~ <>
    wrote in <news:43bcd9ec$>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:30:04 +1300, JC <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    >> Should of? Must of?
    >>
    >> AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

    > Take your pills Nicolaas. This isn't
    > alt.english.language.as.she.is.correctly.spoken
    >
    > Or shouldn't I of said that? ;-)

    Go and bite your bum!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... If you're feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 5, 2006
  10. JC

    Meniscus Guest

    On , , Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:27:32 +1300, Re: Just how do you feel
    the dots?, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:30:04 +1300, JC <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Doh, I know I should of thought of that. Must of been tired.

    >> Should of? Must of?
    >>
    >> AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

    >Take your pills Nicolaas. This isn't
    >alt.english.language.as.she.is.correctly.spoken

    As long as David Murray is here it is or he would like you think
    it is, especially if you are of Asian extraction.

    Meniscus, Jan 10, 2006
  11. On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:32:09 +1300, Meniscus <>
    wrote in <news:>:

    > On , , Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:27:32 +1300, Re: Just how do you feel
    > the dots?, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:30:04 +1300, JC <> wrote in

    >>> Should of? Must of?
    >>>
    >>> AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!

    >>Take your pills Nicolaas. This isn't
    >>alt.english.language.as.she.is.correctly.spoken

    > As long as David Murray is here it is or he would like you think
    > it is, especially if you are of Asian extraction.

    Ah, so!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
    E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

    .... If at first you don't succeed, give up! No sense in being a damn fool
    about it.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 10, 2006