Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by xikom03@yeah.net, Jan 28, 2008.

  1. Guest

    1. What is the fear of horses called?
    A. Hippophobia
    B. Riddiophobia
    C. Sadlophobia
    D. Equiphobia

    A. Hippophobia
    TBD: Hey, you know we dosn't make this stuff up, right?!?

    2. Which is NOT a form of horse racing?
    A. Flat racing
    B. Harness racing
    C. Steeplechasing
    D. Hop-scotching

    D. Hop-scotching
    TBD: Did you know that horse racing may well be the oldest sport? By
    the time humans began recording history it was already well
    established. Does that mean that book making may really be the oldest
    profession?

    3. Which is NOT a breed of American saddle horse?
    A. Tennessee Walker
    B. Morgan
    C. Quarter Horse
    D. Kentucky Sprinter

    D. Kentucky Sprinter
    TBD: Although, it could be an unofficial breed!

    4. The horse's single toe on each of its four feet is its most marked
    anatomical characteristic and makes it a perissodactyl or odd-toed
    ungulate. The horse shares this trait with which other animal?
    A. Rhinoceros
    B. Tapir
    C. Elephant
    D. Cow
    E. A and B
    F. C and D

    E. A and B
    TBD: Very curious, indeed.

    5. Which is NOT one of the three classic American races that make up
    the

    http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Humor/20060929/25472.html

    , Jan 28, 2008

  2. Adam Guest

    Anyone tried horse meat? I wouldn't mind trying it to be honest. Low in
    fat, high in protein.

    I'm being serious BTW, I think that horse meat would be a really good food.
    I would order a horse steak in a restaurant.

    Adam, Jan 28, 2008

  3. George Kerby Guest

    On 1/28/08 3:16 PM, in article ,
    "Adam" <> wrote:

    > Anyone tried horse meat? I wouldn't mind trying it to be honest. Low in
    > fat, high in protein.
    >
    > I'm being serious BTW, I think that horse meat would be a really good food.
    > I would order a horse steak in a restaurant.

    And wind up in jail...

    Horsemeat is ILLEGAL in Texas:

    § 149.002. Sale or Possession of Horsemeat

    A person commits an offense if:

    (1) the person sells, offers for sale, or exhibits for sale horsemeat as
    food for human consumption; or

    (2) the person possesses horsemeat with the intent to sell the horsemeat as
    food for human consumption.

    http://www.equineprotectionnetwork.com/legislation/txlaw.htm

    George Kerby, Jan 28, 2008
  4. George Kerby Guest

    Whoops! Thought I was in the "houston.eats" group.

    However, most states in the US have made human consumption of horsemeat
    illegal, while it is big in Europe, I understand.

    George Kerby, Jan 28, 2008
  5. Ali Guest

    Come on, in Texas it's legal for a chicken to have sex with you, but it's
    illegal to reciprocate. Say no more.

    I understand the roots behind not eating horse meat. Afterall, the horse
    was, well, the workhorse/transport (and still is in a lot of countries and
    continents). But now things are a bit different in more modern countries.

    Strangely enough, modern countries will eat anything, but not horse meat.

    Ali, Jan 28, 2008
  6. George Kerby Guest

    On 1/28/08 4:19 PM, in article ,
    "Ali" <> wrote:

    > Come on, in Texas it's legal for a chicken to have sex with you, but it's
    > illegal to reciprocate. Say no more.

    Spoken like one with personal experience. You choke that chicken often?

    George Kerby, Jan 28, 2008
  7. Jon Pope Guest

    That's what they said about McDonald's.

    Jon Pope, Jan 28, 2008
  8. Ali Guest

    Only when I run out of horses.

    Ali, Jan 29, 2008
  9. Paul Bartram Guest

    "Ali" <> wrote

    > I understand the roots behind not eating horse meat. Afterall, the horse
    > was, well, the workhorse/transport (and still is in a lot of countries and
    > continents).

    I just watched an old episode of 'The Bush Tucker Man', an ABC Australia
    series that followed many of our greatest explorers. This one was about an
    overland trip by Edmund Kennedy from the central Queensland coast to an
    outpost on Cape York, through 'the vilest country' in 1848. The expedition
    ended up eating most of their horses. I guess he wasn't the only explorer to
    do so in order to survive...

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Jan 30, 2008
  10. "Paul Bartram" <p.bartram ATOR NEAR mysoul.com.au> wrote in

    > "Ali" <> wrote
    >
    >> I understand the roots behind not eating horse meat. Afterall, the
    >> horse was, well, the workhorse/transport (and still is in a lot of
    >> countries and continents).

    > I just watched an old episode of 'The Bush Tucker Man', an ABC
    > Australia series that followed many of our greatest explorers. This
    > one was about an overland trip by Edmund Kennedy from the central
    > Queensland coast to an outpost on Cape York, through 'the vilest
    > country' in 1848. The expedition ended up eating most of their horses.
    > I guess he wasn't the only explorer to do so in order to survive...
    >
    > Paul

    About 25 years ago, I spent 2 months working in Geneva Switzerland, right a
    crossed the street from were I stayed way a butcher shop, called in my
    hopeless French, butcher de Calvary, that sold only horse meat. They even
    had a chart on the wall showing all the typical "cuts" just like you can
    find in some US meat markets for cows. I was told that horse meat was
    popular with the older population of Switzerland.

    John Passaneau

    John Passaneau, Jan 30, 2008