Just got two emails: 1. your request for a new Access Code and 2. Request for my MCP ID# What's g

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by belfast-biker, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Just got two emails: 1. your request for a new Access Code and 2.
    Request for my MCP ID# What's going on??!!

    1.
    Hello Paul,
    Thank you for writing us.
    We kindly ask you to follow the instructions below.
    To access your MCP Secure Site please go to:
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

    Once you have arrived at the site, you will click on "Sign In" and
    enter your Passport e-mail address and your password. Click on the
    "Ok" button. Please confirm that you are a Microsoft Certified
    Professional (?Yes?) and click on ?next?.

    In the migration page, enter the following information:

    MCP ID: <whatever>
    Access Code: <whatever>
    Note: This code will expire within the next seven days.
    <etc>

    2.
    This mail has been sent to you by your request for a new Access Code.
    The Access Code will allow you to access the private Microsoft
    Certified Professional (MCP) Member site. You may access the MCP
    Member site by going to https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp and following
    the instructions below.

    Before you can access the MCP Member site, you will be asked to enter
    your existing Microsoft .NET Passport account information, or to
    create a new .NET Passport account, and follow these simple steps:

    1. Enter your Passport Sign In name and your password and then click
    Sign In.

    2. Fill in your Microsoft MCP ID and Access Code:
    <etc>

    Anyone else get similar? Obviously, I didn't follow the link, and
    I've not requested any details from MS.

    I just logged into the MCP site manually, and everything seems fine.
    belfast-biker, Jan 14, 2006