Just got one of these, MSI MEGA Stick 256

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Did you ever see it..

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ia/ia/pro_ia_detail.php?UID=543

    Well this thing is Fantastic, they have full support on the Web site and the
    Software has a built in Firmware up dater..

    They have updated MP3 Tool thing, with this years dates.

    Plus it lets you program your own Start Logo, as it set show MSI, so you can
    have you own name/Logo ETC..

    I just pug it into my Front USB Port but its Upside Down @#$%

    I might be abele to turn that around..

    Copied some MP3's to it and the Play back is very good, only 12hour batter
    life though, so need boxes of AAA.

    FM Radio is a bit week, can store 10 channels and record as well, does not
    support internal compression but you can set the sample rate from 8k to 48k,
    uses WAV files for than and Voice.

    Voice recording is a just little scratchy but still very good..

    One thing is all the features and how to manipulate them and how to get to
    them, all done from a simple rotating rock switch, 2 way and press down for
    the selection.

    The Voice has a Separate Button as does the FM.

    The Head Phone loose a bit of the bass as they do not press that hard on the
    ears, but that is often the problem with head phones, as to much pressure can
    give you a head ache or pain full ears, they even come with Silver buttons if
    you do not like the Blue Ones...

    Full manual has a very small corruption in 2 parts of the Text, same as the
    CD.

    Have a look at the Manual.

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/manual/mnu/spt_mnu_detail.php?UID=543

    I am very Please with it...

    LVmartins Price for the 128meg version.

    http://www.lvmartin.co.nz/public/products/Level3Drilldown.aspx?level2code=L2MP3&level1code=L1AUD

    I paid $235 from PP..

    I do have a Review some ware of the 128m version, and that was not to bad they
    did not like the colour or the headphones supplied with that model.

    Here is that review of the 128meg Version..

    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=947&page=1

    The 256meg one has far better phones and neck strap, and a phone has a extra
    extension cable with gold connectors, can be seen in the full manual.

    Found a review of it got 9/10

    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=619&dPage=2
    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford, Apr 29, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.
    > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:02:12 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >The GHOST of WOGER.
    > >>
    > >> Did you ever see it..
    > >>
    > >> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ia/ia/pro_ia_detail.php?UID=543

    > >But don't Microstar make CRAP (TM)?

    > Is that so...?
    >
    > No I thought it was you that was Crap..?

    We have a pile of computers with MSI 5150 motherboards, the onboard NIC
    has failed on about 5 of these so far, they are all having to have cards
    put in.
    Patrick Dunford, Apr 29, 2004
  5. On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:11:18 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER.
    >> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:02:12 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >The GHOST of WOGER.

    >> >But don't Microstar make CRAP (TM)?

    >> Is that so...?
    >>
    >> No I thought it was you that was Crap..?

    >We have a pile of computers with MSI 5150 motherboards, the onboard NIC
    >has failed on about 5 of these so far, they are all having to have cards
    >put in.

    I don't think this is made by MSI as I have noticed that the 128meg one is
    also sold under the Acer brand, but I could be wrong..

    I had a MSI Slot one MoBo and it was great, has on board raid, its still going
    I think..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > Did you ever see it..
    >
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ia/ia/pro_ia_detail.php?UID=543
    >

    > Well this thing is Fantastic, they have full support on the Web site
    > and the Software has a built in Firmware up dater..

    I bought this too a couple of weeks ago and I love it too. Can't get enough
    of that FM Radio! :)

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Apr 29, 2004