    Is there a way for me to test to see if the 5ghz is being utilized?
    Thanks
    KOLS
    KOS, May 18, 2011

  2. KOS

    Paul Guest

    KOS wrote:
    > I just got a new netgear dual mode n600.
    > I have it hooked up to my old desktop and then i hook up wirelssly
    > with laptop
    >
    > I use cable modem for internet
    >
    > Question. on the router the 2.4ghz light (yellow) flashes
    > intermittantly).... but the blue 5ghz stays solid.... why is this? I
    > checked my laptop and it has a IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG- which is
    > dual mode.. should nt the blue light for 5ghz be flashing??
    >
    > Is there a way for me to test to see if the 5ghz is being utilized?
    > Thanks
    > KOLS

    You didn't state a model number for the Netgear.

    You could start, by finding a review for it. This site reviews stuff like that.

    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...00-wireless-dual-band-gigabit-router-reviewed

    "Pay no attention to the "N600" in the revamped product name.

    That's just NETGEAR's way of fooling folks who don't know better
    into thinking they are getting a faster router than ones with
    "300" or "450" in their names. (No, Virginia, you can't get your
    dual-band client to show a 600 Mbps link rate no matter what you do.)"

    HTH,
    Paul
    Paul, May 19, 2011