    the moment.

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark Petrash, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Mark Petrash

    Steen Larsen Guest

    In article <M8iTa.115273$>, Mark Petrash wrote:
    > Just picked up my Olympus C5050 today. I love it! Tried reading the
    > instruction manual but found it difficult to follow. Finally just started
    > playing with the camera and figured out the basics for myself.
    >
    > One question, I went into the set up menu and turned off the sound for power
    > up and power down, but it's still playing that weird little song when I turn
    > the camer on or off. Is there a way to turn off the sound? I like to take
    > pictures of my pets, but if they hear that noise I lose the spontaneity of
    > the moment.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    After you choose off you have to press ok to make the setting stick.

    Steen Larsen, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Mark Petrash

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <j1jTa.17198$>,
    "Mark Petrash" <> wrote:

    > Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that. Still plays the sound.

    You have to disable "reset to factory settings" or something similar.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie D, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Mark Petrash

    Jeff Dunn Guest

    "Mark Petrash" <> wrote in message news:<j1jTa.17198$>...
    > Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that. Still plays the sound.
    >

    > "Steen Larsen" <> wrote in >
    > > After you choose off you have to press ok to make the setting stick.

    Did you do both power on and power off, alsocdo you have all reset off ???

    Jeff Dunn, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Mark Petrash

    Jeff Dunn Guest

    "Mark Petrash" <> wrote in message news:<j1jTa.17198$>...
    > Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that. Still plays the sound.
    >

    > "Steen Larsen" <> wrote in >
    > > After you choose off you have to press ok to make the setting stick.

    Well is the all reset option set to off ??? and when you go back to
    the power settings are they still off ???

    Jeff Dunn, Jul 23, 2003