Just got my MCSD

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Mike Maddux, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Mike Maddux

    Mike Maddux Guest

    I just passed 70-300 and obtained my MCSD.NET, and I'm very happy about it. Now
    we'll see if it makes much difference in my job hunt. I at least hope that it
    won't hurt!

    What worked for me:

    First, I have 20+ years of programming experience, although none of it was
    STRICTLY in architecture work. However in all that time I've been exposed to a
    lot.

    I got the Microsoft Architectures book and quickly discarded it as useless and a
    huge ripoff.

    I read the ExamCram2 book, which was pretty useful in providing a structure for
    thinking. Then I got Transcender, MeasureUp and Self-Test and took all of their
    tests. Every time I missed a question (or even if I got it right through lucky
    guessing) I went to the part of the Microsoft Documentation that was referenced
    and read not only that specific section but whatever super-section it was
    contained in. After one pass through all of the tests and reading all the
    documentation I then started taking the practice tests over and over until I got
    a perfect score.

    This took me about three months. I'm afraid I get tired easily!

    Even after all of that the actual test made me really sweat.

    One thing I found different on the real test, which I liked, was that they had a
    time limit for each of the three sections, so I didn't have to guess how much
    time to devote to each. The practice tests didn't do it that way.

    Even if the certification itself doesn't help me get a job, I can say that it's
    been a very worthwhile learning experience.

    Best,

    Mike
    Mike Maddux, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Mike Maddux

    JJG Guest

    <<Even if the certification itself doesn't help me get a
    job, I can say that it's
    been a very worthwhile learning experience.

    This is the only reason I pursue the MS certs, it's just a
    roadmap to learn the .NET core, and even then it's just
    and eye-bird view of the whole technology.
    Congratulations, and welcome to the not-so-exclusive
    MCSD.NET club ;->

    As a side note:
    In my opinion MS should include to the MCSD.NET track a
    really good exam on object-oriented programming & design,
    maybe some winxx server exams and create a MC Solution
    Architect track.

    a Guy MCSD.NET

    JJG, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Were there lots of questions about MSF, or that required knowledge of it?

    Thanks

    General Protection Fault, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Mike Maddux

    Mike Maddux Guest

    There were no questions explicitly about MSF, but many questions required
    familiarilty with it, I would say.

    Mike

    In article <>, General Protection Fault
    says...