    That was a squeaker though. How does the scoring work? 100-900? Is there
    any ways to convert that to %?

    Thanks for everyone's help!
    John Smith, Dec 11, 2003

  2. John Smith

    Geoff Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > That was a squeaker though. How does the scoring work? 100-900? Is
    > there any ways to convert that to %?
    >
    > Thanks for everyone's help!

    for the adaptive, i'd say 900-1000 = 100%
    *shrug*
    what did you get ?
    well done for passing too :)
    Geoff, Dec 11, 2003

  3. John Smith

    Geoff Guest

    iCertify.net wrote:
    > It's marked out of 900. To convert it to a percentage, the score you
    > got by 900, and multiply the answer by 100. For example, if someone
    > got 778 out of a possible 900, they would divide 778 by 900 which
    > equals 0.864. Then you multiply 0.864 (I'll bet you know what the
    > answers going to be) by 100, and the percentage is 86.4%.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    i passed with
    core, 1001
    OS, 992

    but that was like last year on the adaptive exams
    Geoff, Dec 11, 2003
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Is that really the way it works? I read somewhere that you need an 80% to
    pass.
    505/700x100 is nowheres near 80%. So really you only need about 55% to
    pass?

    John Smith, Dec 12, 2003
  5. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Yes you would be right...that's why I was having some questions about it.

    If you need an 80% to pass there is no way 505/900 is 80%. Any more
    thoughts?

    John Smith, Dec 12, 2003
  6. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Thanks John,

    Yeah, although I can't imagine Comptia would give you a certificate for 60%.
    I wish I knew how it's calculated.

    How did you find the Network+? I am studying for that as we speak. What
    material did you use to study?

    "JBS" <> wrote in message
    > We've sort of had this discussion before. I certainly doesn't seem that

    80%
    > is the required passing score for these tests. But, 80% is the required
    > passing score for a lot of the practice exams. I think they set the bar
    > that high to help make sure that you will be able to pass when you take

    the
    > real thing. If you think about it, 60% is the actual passing score for

    most
    > college courses. A "D" probably won't help you get into graduate school

    but
    > you'll still get your diploma.
    >
    > I think that the questions on the CompTIA tests are weighted. Some
    > questions may be worth 50 points, while others may only be worth 20. I

    just
    > took the Network+ exam on Wednesday and there were 72 questions, but it
    > still added up to the same 900 points they use on the A+ tests. It may

    not

    John Smith, Dec 13, 2003