Just failed 70-215

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Kermit Piper, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Kermit Piper

    Kermit Piper Guest

    Hello,

    I just took the 70-215 for the first time and got a 631. Really upsets
    me because I've been studying so hard for the past two months, going
    through the book, going through the exam prep (uCertify). What threw me
    was the questions were a LOT harder than I thought they'd be, and about
    50% of what I actually studied and practiced on the exam prep was in
    the actual exam. A lot on RIS installations and my examp prep had
    nothing on this (RIprep images, etc.). A lot on IIS, some command
    prompt questions (like diskperf). But the questions also threw me
    because my examp prep had a lot of questins where maybe there were 4 -
    5 checkboxes to choose from, but some of these questions had 5, 6.
    Anyway, a LOT harder than I thought it would be. So, is 631 not bad
    considering I have no lab time and only studied the Microsoft Press
    book, resources on the Internet and the exam prep that came with the
    book and the uCertify exam prep? Unfortunately I can't set-up a test
    lab here at home for WIndows 2000. Can anyone give me any suggestions
    on how I might pass the second time? Is there any way to second guess
    what might be on the exam? For instance, I studied my a** off with
    default groups, dfs, calcing subnets, and almost nothing about these
    came up. What the heck?

    Thanks,
    CJ

    Kermit Piper, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Kermit Piper

    James Guest

    can you use virtual server and set a up a "virtual test lab"

    James, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Kermit Piper

    DaveL Guest

    > On Dec 2, 2005 at 6:21pm "Kermit Piper" blathered:
    >
    >> I just took the 70-215 for the first time and got a 631

    > Really? I scored a 955. Go figure.

    Do you have to kick a guy when he's down?

    DaveL, Dec 4, 2005
  4. Kermit Piper

    LnkWizard Guest

    Showoff

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Kermit Piper

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Kermit Piper spewed across the ether:

    > Unfortunately I can't set-up a test
    > lab here at home for WIndows 2000. Can anyone give me any suggestions
    > on how I might pass the second time?

    Why are you bothering? If you can't work with the software, what is the
    purpose of trying to get certified?

    You need to set up a lab, make and break the different configurations until
    you understand the concepts, then the exam will be easy.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Kermit Piper

    Guest

    Hi Kermit,

    Recently microsoft made a lot of changes even its previous exams like
    windows 2000 exam by increasing the question bank and adding new
    questions to the topic where previously very few or almost no questions
    comes. None of the microsoft book cover the topic in much details nor
    any other vendors as the topic now empasize in exam is more to make
    braindump site obsolote than testing real knowledge of the candidate
    (on the area wich used 80% of the time in real word). So even if you
    have 5-10 year of good solid industry experience than also it is
    difficult to pass the exam. But now you have seen the test, you can
    focus your study. go through the microsoft knowledge base, go through
    the key area where you feel you could not score high. Overall I think
    631 is not bad.. I have seen people (with real good experience ) do
    worse than that. So just make your study plan and give yourself 2 more
    week and you will pass the exam.

    Best of luck

    , Dec 6, 2005
  7. Kermit Piper

    fmsmcse Guest

    "TechGeekPro" wrote:
    > Really? I scored a 955. Go figure.

    Someone who does this kind of comment can only have NOT passed on this exam
    or at least failed so many times so that now he thinks he experienced enough
    because he spent around 1k dollars to pass.

    SHOW OFF!!

    fmsmcse, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Kermit Piper

    fmsmcse Guest

    Finally someone helped this dude, because these sh$it breackers (TechGeekPro,
    JaR, Frisbee®) and some other MCNGP (not all) just k33p on saying sh$it over
    these forums!!!

    Now, back to the matter, you gotta study harder and definitively you need a
    lab!!
    Hands on is what they request most on these exams today.

    G00d luck.

    fmsmcse, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Kermit Piper

    MitchS Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    > Finally someone helped this dude, because these sh$it breackers
    > (TechGeekPro,
    > JaR, Frisbee®) and some other MCNGP (not all) just k33p on saying sh$it
    > over
    > these forums!!!

    Is sh$it pronounced shizzit?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone." - F.

    MitchS, Dec 8, 2005
  10. Kermit Piper

    MitchS Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    > "TechGeekPro" wrote:
    >> Really? I scored a 955. Go figure.

    > Someone who does this kind of comment can only have NOT passed on this
    > exam
    > or at least failed so many times so that now he thinks he experienced
    > enough
    > because he spent around 1k dollars to pass.

    Or maybe, just maybe...

    Are you ready for it?

    Someone is actually competent enough to make a good score on the damb test!

    > SHOW OFF!!

    Well yeah, I'll agree with that.

    MitchS, Dec 8, 2005
  11. Kermit Piper

    fmsmcse Guest

    > Is sh$it pronounced shizzit?

    nope, but it could be a slang, right?
    what most matters is what just happened, you got what i meant :)

    fmsmcse, Dec 8, 2005
  12. Kermit Piper

    fmsmcse Guest

    > Or maybe, just maybe...
    > Are you ready for it?

    I do am, I was at the time I took it and will always be. Besides, I'm here
    to try to help people, not to keep you saying they are a piece of crap like
    you guys have been doing.

    fmsmcse, Dec 8, 2005
  13. Kermit Piper

    Frisbee® Guest

    "fmsmcse" <> wrote in message
    >> Or maybe, just maybe...
    >> Are you ready for it?

    > I do am, I was at the time I took it and will always be. Besides, I'm here
    > to try to help people, not to keep you saying they are a piece of crap
    > like
    > you guys have been doing.

    Dewd.

    The ONLY person who's been flamed (recently) was you. And you supposedly
    ALREADY have your MCSE, so why do you care? You say you didn't dump, fine.
    I still say you have no character.

    Also, your button is stuck. Get over it.

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2005