    I noticed when i set my header option to (all) I got a bunch of info
    about posters. But im wondering what determines the info thats included.
    Some have more info than others.

    whitzombi, Nov 7, 2004

  2. whitzombi

    Quivis Guest

    In article <QJljd.23584$>,
    says...

    > I noticed when i set my header option to (all) I got a bunch of info
    > about posters. But im wondering what determines the info thats included.
    > Some have more info than others.

    Most of that stuff is added by your ISP. The rest is added by your news
    reader and additional servers the message passed through while being
    transfered on the Internet.

    Google for the following line, including quotes:
    "headers and how to read them"

    HTH

    Q.

    Quivis, Nov 8, 2004

  3. whitzombi

    Nobody Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:10:36 +0100, Quivis <> wrote:

    >In article <QJljd.23584$>,
    > says...
    >
    >> I noticed when i set my header option to (all) I got a bunch of info
    >> about posters. But im wondering what determines the info thats included.
    >> Some have more info than others.

    >Most of that stuff is added by your ISP. The rest is added by your news
    >reader and additional servers the message passed through while being
    >transfered on the Internet.
    >
    >Google for the following line, including quotes:
    >"headers and how to read them"
    >
    >HTH
    >

    >Q.

    That "stuff" is not simply added by your ISP. It is a complete
    record of who/when/how a message was created.

    Whenever anyone posts a Usenet message, that information is generated
    automatically and remains as data with the message forever more.

    Whether a newsreader is set to "display" that header information is up
    to the user, but by choosing not to display it does not destroy or
    alter it.

    And Usenet is not the Internet.

    Nobody, Nov 9, 2004