    the same one that i have had for years and was wondering how i could if
    possible get the other one i mentioned above? not sure where to post this
    so i thought i would post it here thanks

    Floyd n Dana Reckner, May 1, 2006

  2. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Galen Guest

    In news:S3p5g.2134$HN3.2103@trndny01,
    Floyd n Dana Reckner had this to say:

    > was wondering if anyone can help me. i seen the new homepage on
    > yahoo, ( the one that they are testing) some people have it and some
    > don't. i have the same one that i have had for years and was
    > wondering how i could if possible get the other one i mentioned
    > above? not sure where to post this so i thought i would post it here
    > thanks

    Is this what you mean?
    http://360.yahoo.com/reg/whatis.html

    If so then see also:
    http://360.yahoo.com/reg/beta_list.html

    Else do you mean:
    http://my.yahoo.com

    Those are the only Yahoo! type of homepages that I'm familiar with, someone
    else might know more.

    Galen
    --
    http://www.whathostingshould.be - We are what hosting SHOULD be.

    Galen, May 1, 2006

  3. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Beck Guest

    Beck, May 1, 2006
  4. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    philo Guest

    "Floyd n Dana Reckner" <> wrote in message
    > was wondering if anyone can help me. i seen the new homepage on yahoo, (

    <snip>

    That's non-grammatical English you are using there.
    The correct usage would be either , "I saw" or "I have seen".

    Not very likely Yahoo is going to let someone who speaks like that
    see the new web page.

    philo, May 1, 2006
  5. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Galen Guest

    In news:445642cc$0$23204$,
    Beck had this to say:

    > Galen wrote:
    >
    >> Is this what you mean?
    >> http://360.yahoo.com/reg/whatis.html
    >>
    >> If so then see also:
    >> http://360.yahoo.com/reg/beta_list.html
    >>
    >> Else do you mean:
    >> http://my.yahoo.com
    >>
    >> Those are the only Yahoo! type of homepages that I'm familiar with,
    >> someone else might know more.

    > "360" term being overused by now?
    > Xbox 360
    > Colgate 360
    > and now Yahoo 360?
    >
    > Personally I would sack the marketing division.

    Maybe it was a 2005 thing?

    Yahoo! 360 appears to be coined/announced in March of 2005.
    Microsoft seems to have announced prices in August.
    Colgate I haven't any idea when they did it.

    Hopefully it's over now. ;) 360 really isn't a very good name.

    Galen
    --
    http://www.whathostingshould.be - We are what hosting SHOULD be.

    Galen, May 2, 2006
  6. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Gimpy Guest

    Floyd, Yahoo was trying a new home page & giving some folks a few days to
    try it & then comment on what they liked or disliked about the page. I had
    it as well for several days & like you did prefer it over the one we have
    now. Can only hope the new one will be available before much longer ? Gimpy

    Gimpy, May 2, 2006
  7. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Beck Guest

    Galen wrote:

    > Maybe it was a 2005 thing?
    >
    > Yahoo! 360 appears to be coined/announced in March of 2005.
    > Microsoft seems to have announced prices in August.
    > Colgate I haven't any idea when they did it.
    >
    > Hopefully it's over now. ;) 360 really isn't a very good name.
    >
    > Galen

    I am sure the xbox 360 was named before March last year. It was previously
    known as Xenon.

    Beck, May 2, 2006
  8. sorry if this post bothered anyone, how i spoke, or other wise i was just
    curious about this and was wanting any advice,

    Floyd n Dana Reckner, May 2, 2006
  9. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Plato Guest

    Floyd n Dana Reckner wrote:

    > was wondering if anyone can help me. i seen the new homepage on yahoo, (
    > the one that they are testing) some people have it and some don't. i have
    > the same one that i have had for years and was wondering how i could if
    > possible get the other one i mentioned above? not sure where to post this
    > so i thought i would post it here thanks

    Was
    saw
    Not
    Thanks

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 2, 2006
  10. I don't care what you think of my grammar, you aint my English Teacher or
    what ever else and I don't need you to correct me. I will speak and type any
    way I wish because I am 100% pure AMERICAN!!!! Born and raised here!!!!

    Floyd n Dana Reckner, May 3, 2006
  11. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Gordon Guest

    Floyd n Dana Reckner wrote:
    > I don't care what you think of my grammar, you aint my English
    > Teacher or what ever else and I don't need you to correct me. I will
    > speak and type any way I wish because I am 100% pure AMERICAN!!!!

    Just emphasises your ignorance then........

    Gordon, May 3, 2006
  12. i dont care what you or anyone thinks i just asked for some advice and i
    get ganged up on with how i word things or whatever this group really needs
    to grow the up and just answer the questions if you dont have any advice
    then dont give any, i am not ignorant, i am an AMERICAN, and i have every
    right just as you or anyone else to post and ask questions, i thought this
    was for others to help others not for other so called humans to make someone
    else feel like they have done something wrong. i asked a simple question
    out of curiosity and i get called ignorant. i thought that there were no
    stupid questions but the question not asked, i didnt realize i was going
    back into school and that you guys were English/Grammar teachers, my fault.
    i guess you are correct that i am ignorant, for thinking i could ask a
    question and get it answered by someone who actually wanted to answer it not
    to try to correct me on how i speak, type or whatever. i guess i should be
    more careful on what type of question i ask for help in the future and i
    will have to make sure i have my dictionary and thesaurus out to make sure i
    word things correctly as well, i will try not to use too many BIG words so
    you guys can understand. and i will also type really really slow too that
    way you all can understand that as well.

    Floyd n Dana Reckner, May 3, 2006
  13. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Gordon Guest

    Floyd n Dana Reckner wrote:
    > i am not ignorant, i am an
    > AMERICAN,

    That's an oxymoron then........why not just write PROPER English, then you
    won't get flamed.......

    Gordon, May 3, 2006
  14. whatever! if you dont like what i have to say then just dont reply if i am
    not using proper English then oh well, don't read what i have to say.

    just asking a simple question, May 3, 2006
  15. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Gordon Guest

    just asking a simple question wrote:
    > whatever! if you dont like what i have to say then just dont reply if i am
    > not using proper English then oh well, don't read what i have
    > to say.

    And that arrogance is why a large part of the rest of the world doesn't like
    Americans.
    Sod you jack, I'll do exactly what *I* want and you can all lump it.

    Gordon, May 3, 2006
  16. whatever I'm done with you and you can say and do what you want as i am
    sure you will and i will so the same all i did was ask a simple question i
    just wanted a simple answer, but for your lack of understanding, and
    mentality, i guess that was just too hard for you and the other ass to
    understand. so sorry. i hope i didnt type this too fast for you

    just asking a simple question, May 3, 2006
  17. Thank you gimpy for your answer, i do appreciate it and thanks for answering
    me the way that you did that is all i was wanting ...... just a simple
    answer to my question, i guess the 2 other people who answered couldnt
    comprehend that is all i was wanting, but instead was wanting to correct me
    on my grammar and such, sorry if it wasnt totally correct, but i am human
    and i do make mistakes any way thank you again.... i do hope so in the near
    future that we can get the new yahoo test page, because i did really like
    it. have a beautiful day thanks again

    just asking a simple question, May 3, 2006
  18. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 03 May 2006 12:16:20 GMT, "Floyd n Dana Reckner"
    <> wrote:

    >i dont care what you or anyone thinks i just asked for some advice and i
    >get ganged up on with how i word things or whatever this group really needs
    >to grow the up and just answer the questions if you dont have any advice
    >then dont give any, i am not ignorant, i am an AMERICAN, and i have every
    >right just as you or anyone else to post and ask questions, i thought this
    >was for others to help others not for other so called humans to make someone
    >else feel like they have done something wrong. i asked a simple question
    >out of curiosity and i get called ignorant. i thought that there were no
    >stupid questions but the question not asked, i didnt realize i was going
    >back into school and that you guys were English/Grammar teachers, my fault.
    >i guess you are correct that i am ignorant, for thinking i could ask a
    >question and get it answered by someone who actually wanted to answer it not
    >to try to correct me on how i speak, type or whatever. i guess i should be
    >more careful on what type of question i ask for help in the future and i
    >will have to make sure i have my dictionary and thesaurus out to make sure i
    >word things correctly as well, i will try not to use too many BIG words so
    >you guys can understand. and i will also type really really slow too that
    >way you all can understand that as well.

    Methinks thou dost protest too much. If you expect answers to your questions,
    then it's only fair that those who attempt to *read* those questions be able to
    understand what you're asking.

    Using "being an American" as an excuse for plain laziness is lame at the very
    least. I and many other in 24HSHD are Americans, too. Your implication that no
    one needs to use correct grammar and punctuation because of whatever country
    they happen to reside in is insulting not only to Americans, but to the rest of
    the world as well.

    Get a clue, and grow a thicker skin. In the meantime, read these before you
    bother to post again:

    http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
    http://www.guidenet.net/resources/wanker.html
    http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_caps.html
    http://www.grammarbook.com/importanceofgoodgrammar.asp
    http://cs.selkirk.ca/file.php/1/CS_files/netiquette.pdf
    http://www.laurentianweb.com/newbie.htm

    "Otherwise, expect to be killfiled. By a LOT of other posters who could help
    you."

    >"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Floyd n Dana Reckner wrote:
    >>> I don't care what you think of my grammar, you aint my English
    >>> Teacher or what ever else and I don't need you to correct me. I will
    >>> speak and type any way I wish because I am 100% pure AMERICAN!!!!

    >> Just emphasises your ignorance then........

    --
    You don't negotiate with spammers any more than you negotiate with
    cockroaches: you nuke them. --Rsk

    Mara, May 3, 2006
  19. Floyd n Dana Reckner

    Seatoller Guest

    It was on Wed, 03 May 2006 12:16:20 +0000, that Floyd n Dana Reckner
    wrote:

    <Diatribe snipped>

    Idiot.

    --
    Terminated, with /extreme/ prejudice.

    Seatoller, May 3, 2006
  20. you are correct. i do have to be more careful of how i ask a question, i am
    not lazy by any means, and i was not in any way trying to offend anyone, i
    just didn't like what one person said and then the other had to jump in, i
    wasn't trying to get into it with anyone, i just didn't like what the one
    had to say so i said what i did. then the other had to put his 2 cents in
    (which is perfectly fine) so i said what i did to him as well. which i am
    entitled to do as well. as are you and anyone else. i just wanted an
    answer to a simple question, which was about the test page that yahoo was
    using for their homepage. i have my answer to it now, as far as i am
    concerned, its over, hopefully..... if you don't totally understand the
    question that i asked then ask me to explain further and i would have been
    more than happy to explain it, in the attempt of trying to understand it,
    just why not be somewhat nicer people these days no matter who they are
    just are not nice.... it doesn't bother me, i can take criticism, but why
    cant others? they and you can criticize me but i am not allowed to speak my
    mind? or do the same? maybe you are right about me being thicker skinned
    as well.... but shouldn't they as well? i do apologize if i offended anyone
    i wasn't meaning to. i was not trying to be arrogant, or anything to that
    affect. you dont want to answer my questions or whatever then don't you
    have that right as well as others do as well.

    just asking a simple question, May 3, 2006