    What is the procedure if I want to remove the shade for some reason?
    Do I need any chemicals to put around the edge? Has any member of this
    NG ever removed the shade from the LCD screen? With thanks.
    asdf3b, Sep 2, 2007

  2. asdf3b

    Frank ess Guest

    asdf3b wrote:
    > Greetings! Few days back, I have put a Delkin snap on shade on one
    > of
    > my point and shoot camera to prevent glare on the LCD screen. So far
    > everything is working fine.
    >
    > What is the procedure if I want to remove the shade for some reason?
    > Do I need any chemicals to put around the edge? Has any member of
    > this
    > NG ever removed the shade from the LCD screen? With thanks.

    Is it attached with two-sided tape? Received wisdom is that heating
    with a hair dryer may loosen it for removal. Otherwise, using fishing
    line as a flexible saw, and cleaning off the residue with goo-gone or
    spray 'n' wash is likely to do what you need.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Sep 2, 2007

  3. "Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    > asdf3b wrote:
    >> Greetings! Few days back, I have put a Delkin snap on shade on one of
    >> my point and shoot camera to prevent glare on the LCD screen. So far
    >> everything is working fine.
    >>
    >> What is the procedure if I want to remove the shade for some reason?
    >> Do I need any chemicals to put around the edge? Has any member of this
    >> NG ever removed the shade from the LCD screen? With thanks.

    > Is it attached with two-sided tape? Received wisdom is that heating with a
    > hair dryer may loosen it for removal. Otherwise, using fishing line as a
    > flexible saw, and cleaning off the residue with goo-gone or spray 'n' wash
    > is likely to do what you need.

    Be sure to be careful about any liquid used on a camera. You don't want it
    leaking inside where it can cause trouble or even destroy the camera. When
    using a liquid cleaner use a cotton swab and/or cotton cloth. Apply the
    liquid to the swab or cloth and then use that to apply the cleaning fluid to
    the surface. This will greatly reduce any chance of penetration.

    Also before using any cleaner, make sure to test it on a remote surface of
    the camera case to make sure it doesn't soften the plastic and cause
    distortion of the case. Sticky residue is troublesome but melting the camera
    is probably a bad choice as removal procedure. ;)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Sep 2, 2007
  4. asdf3b

    clonardmaurice

    Joined:
    May 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Simple to remove the Delkin snap on shade

    Simply slide the delkin snap on unit to the left and the full unit comes away with only the thin stick on templete left. You can attach and detatch the main unit as required
    clonardmaurice, May 29, 2012