    the usual Youtube webpage layout.

    Any further suggs?

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Dec 20, 2008

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > This is a minor annoyance to my Mom, but I want her to have the option
    > of viewing YouTube clips that fill the screen.
    >
    > Checklist:
    > 1. All video drivers up to date.
    > 2. Latest DirectX installed.
    > 3. Adobe flash up to date.
    >
    > When I click on the full-screen icon(you all know where it is), I see
    > only a blank screen. When I type Escape, I see the Youtube clip in
    > the usual Youtube webpage layout.
    >
    > Any further suggs?
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    If you right click on the movie, there is a tick box for
    "hardware acceleration". Do the symptoms change if you
    change that setting ?

    The GM965/X3100 has hardware scaling and supports WMV9,
    so I don't see a reason why it should fall over.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 21, 2008

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Dec 20, 8:31 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > ChrisCoasterwrote:
    > > This is a minor annoyance to my Mom, but I want her to have the option
    > > of viewing YouTube clips that fill the screen.

    > > Checklist:
    > > 1. All video drivers up to date.
    > > 2. Latest DirectX installed.
    > > 3. Adobe flash up to date.

    > > When I click on the full-screen icon(you all know where it is), I see
    > > only a blank screen.  When I type Escape, I see the Youtube clip in
    > > the usual Youtube webpage layout.

    > > Any further suggs?

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > If you right click on the movie, there is a tick box for
    > "hardware acceleration". Do the symptoms change if you
    > change that setting ?
    >
    > The GM965/X3100 has hardware scaling and supports WMV9,
    > so I don't see a reason why it should fall over.
    >
    >     Paul- Hide quoted text -

    No such luck - I can't even uncheck it! I just click it and the X
    stays there.

    I do not have the same problem with my HP Pavillion, WVHP as does my
    mother with her Toshiba with WVHP.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Dec 21, 2008