    that I can pack.

    Does anyone know where I can find such an item. Browsing the Olympus web
    site did not reveal such an accessory.

    PeterL, Dec 2, 2004

  2. PeterL

    Ben Thomas Guest

    PeterL wrote:
    > Was in HK and my nephew recommended this new Olympus model. He said it was
    > about HK$6,000 (approx. US $700). So I went to this store and took a look.
    > They were selling this model for HK$2000 (approx. US $300). What a bargain,
    > and with world-wide warranty.
    >
    > Came back and did a web search. This model is marketed in the US as the
    > Olympus Ferrari, selling for US $699. The only difference is that mine is
    > not red. Now no one is going buy this 3 mgp thing for that amount of money.
    > But at $300 it's a good buy.
    >
    > I am able to buy the 256mg picture card. But what I really need is a
    > charging cable. The camera came with a charging stand that is bulky and
    > difficult to carry if you are traveling. I need a light weight power cable
    > that I can pack.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find such an item. Browsing the Olympus web
    > site did not reveal such an accessory.

    Does the manual mention anything about a DC power socket on the camera and the
    voltage and current you need to supply to it?

    My Digital World:
    Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    Hitachi 37PD, DGTEC 2000A, Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

    Disclaimer:
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Ben Thomas, Dec 3, 2004

  3. PeterL

    PeterL Guest

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > PeterL wrote:
    > > Was in HK and my nephew recommended this new Olympus model. He said it

    was
    > > about HK$6,000 (approx. US $700). So I went to this store and took a

    look.
    > > They were selling this model for HK$2000 (approx. US $300). What a

    bargain,
    > > and with world-wide warranty.
    > >
    > > Came back and did a web search. This model is marketed in the US as the
    > > Olympus Ferrari, selling for US $699. The only difference is that mine

    is
    > > not red. Now no one is going buy this 3 mgp thing for that amount of

    money.
    > > But at $300 it's a good buy.
    > >
    > > I am able to buy the 256mg picture card. But what I really need is a
    > > charging cable. The camera came with a charging stand that is bulky and
    > > difficult to carry if you are traveling. I need a light weight power

    cable
    > > that I can pack.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where I can find such an item. Browsing the Olympus

    web
    > > site did not reveal such an accessory.
    > >

    > Does the manual mention anything about a DC power socket on the camera and

    the
    > voltage and current you need to supply to it?

    Yes there is a reference to a charging cable one can purchase, in addition
    to the charging station that came with it. The voltage of the charging
    station is variable (from 120 to 240). Using a plug converter (not a
    voltage converter) I can use the charging station here in the US without any
    problems.

    I'll have to check to see if there is a standard DC power socket in addition
    to what seems like a proprietory socket that plugs into the charging
    station.

    > --
    > Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - Melbourne, Australia
    >
    > My Digital World:
    > Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
    > Hitachi 37PD, DGTEC 2000A, Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
    > Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.
    >
    > Disclaimer:
    > Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
    > relate to the official business of my employer shall be understood as

    neither

    PeterL, Dec 3, 2004

  1. Silverstrand

    AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net