    picoliter droplets

    What printer should i buy or is there a better one out there for me ???

    Please help or let me know if youve owned one of these thanks
    RacerX, Nov 20, 2003

  2. RacerX

    mark herring Guest

    Starting cold with ink-jet printing, I would go with cheap---unless you can
    get very focussed on your liekly future needs.
    Epson is the traditional leader in print quality, but Canon and HP are now
    very close. Many have reported that Canon is now better than Epson--at
    least in some models.

    Epson has the most 3rd part stuff available---eg continuous feed systems.

    Whatever you do, get a 6-color printer MINIMUM

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Nov 20, 2003

  3. RacerX wrote:
    > so far ive found
    > these two
    >
    > EPSON Stylus C82 Inkjet Printer 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi

    I use the C84/Epson and I really like it. It costs
    at about 100$, is quite fast, impressive quality...
    Frank Schniering, Nov 21, 2003
  4. RacerX

    Phil Guest

    I have the i960. It is good. One advantage is the DR can be connected
    directly to the i960 and you can print sans computer. Not a big deal to
    me, but some like it.

    Phil

    Phil, Nov 21, 2003
  5. "RacerX" <> wrote in message
    > Ok so i got a 6.3Mp camera now how do i print them at that quality or at
    > least near there ive looked for the printer with the best dpi. Due to my
    > lack of knowledge in this particular area i assume this to be the the best
    > way but im sure im wrong so far ive found these two
    >
    > EPSON Stylus C82 Inkjet Printer 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
    >
    > The Canon i960 Photo Printer Maximum 4800 x 1200 dpi with microscopic 2
    > picoliter droplets
    > What printer should i buy or is there a better one out there for me ???
    > Please help or let me know if youve owned one of these thanks

    Most printers have small enough dots these days, but...
    You need a "photo" printer for best results. In addition to black plus the
    subtractive primaries (cyan, magenta and yellow), photo printers have light
    magenta and light cyan as well. (So 5 colour inks plus black) This allows
    printing of highlights without the dots being apparent. (Some high end printers
    are now offering a light black as well.)
    Either Epson or Canon should be OK. You may have to experiment with paper.
    I get super results from my 10D using what is now an old Epson 1270, with a mere
    1440 dpi, and quite often I print at 720dpi for less critical stuff. However, I
    need the 1440 dpi for detailed line graphics though!

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Nov 21, 2003
  6. "RacerX" <> wrote:

    >Ok so i got a 6.3Mp camera now how do i print them at that quality or at
    >least near there ive looked for the printer with the best dpi. Due to my
    >lack of knowledge in this particular area i assume this to be the the best
    >way but im sure im wrong so far ive found these two
    >
    >EPSON Stylus C82 Inkjet Printer 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
    >
    >The Canon i960 Photo Printer Maximum 4800 x 1200 dpi with microscopic 2
    >picoliter droplets
    >

    >What printer should i buy or is there a better one out there for me ???
    >

    >Please help or let me know if youve owned one of these thanks

    Ignore the manufacturer's DPI rating as it does not relate directly to the
    sharpness of the print, details, or color accuracy because the different
    printers use different technologies to get shading and color.

    Don't but the C82 for photo printing as it is not meant for that. Also it has
    been discontinued. Buy a 6 or 7 color photo printer.

    In my experience, the Canon printers are several times faster than the Epsons
    in high quality mode (I've owned both). Epson has a slightly better printer
    driver. I'd buy Canon if I were you.

    If you can afford it, the high end Epson 7 color printer is the way to go
    ($500 or so).

    --
    The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese, Nov 21, 2003
  7. > What printer should i buy or is there a better one out there for me ???

    How about one of those digital enlargers? I've no idea what the quality is
    like, are they generally better or worse than traditional printing?

    Ewan
    Ewan Sinclair, Nov 21, 2003
  8. RacerX

    LLutton Guest

    >Ok so i got a 6.3Mp camera now how do i print them at that quality or at
    >least near there ive looked for the printer with the best dpi. Due to my
    >lack of knowledge in this particular area i assume this to be the the best
    >way but im sure im wrong so far ive found these two EPSON Stylus C82 Inkjet

    Printer 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
    >The Canon i960 Photo Printer Maximum 4800 x 1200 dpi with microscopic 2
    >picoliter droplets
    >What printer should i buy or is there a better one out there for me ???
    >Please help or let me know if youve owned one of these thanks

    I might be wrong but I don't think the C82 prints well on glossy paper.
    Lynn
    LLutton, Nov 21, 2003