  1. Who Am I

    Who Am I Guest

    fitness gear... **** off

    Who Am I, Oct 21, 2005

  2. T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    <> saying something like this:

    >fitness gear... **** off

    Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
    about 2000 messages from me in here a month.

    It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
    signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Re: Just been spammed by

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >> fitness gear... **** off

    > Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
    > about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
    >
    > It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
    > signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    Possibly a not so subtle spam news group ploy :)

    William Hamilton, Oct 21, 2005
  4. "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>fitness gear... **** off

    > Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
    > about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
    >
    > It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
    > signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    but, this is an easily identifiable nz identity?

    news.xtra.co.nz, Oct 21, 2005
  5. Who Am I

    nick Guest

    I've been saying for years that fitness is bad for you...

    nick, Oct 21, 2005
  6. Who Am I

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <>,
    Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    > T'was the Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    > >fitness gear... **** off

    > Man, if I posted a message in here every time I got spammed, you'd see
    > about 2000 messages from me in here a month.
    >
    > It's bad enough having to deal with all these electronic newsletters I
    > signed up for once upon a time somewhere in my past!
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    Well I am NOT complaining about all the overseas spam (hundereds a
    day!), I am pointing out that New Zealand companies are now spamming too.

    the latest is from brands4less.co.nz who are masquerading as
    pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
    Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
    government.

    These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

    Who Am I, Oct 25, 2005
  7. On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:24:37 +1300, someone purporting to be Who Am I
    didst scrawl:

    > In article <>,
    > Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
    > Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
    > government.

    *SNIP*

    You SURE that it's NZ Post doing it? I thought that at first, then
    realised the domain I was looking at was "nzpostoffice.co.nz". NZ Post is
    nzpost.co.nz, and the two sites are very, very different.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Oct 25, 2005
  8. T'was the Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:24:37 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    <> saying something like this:

    >These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

    How'd they get your email?
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 25, 2005
  9. Who Am I

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <>,
    Matthew Poole <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:24:37 +1300, someone purporting to be Who Am I
    > didst scrawl:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    > *SNIP*
    > > pricecutter.co.nz. All part of the service bought to you from the New
    > > Zealand Post office, ahh the joys, we now get spammed by the NZ
    > > government.
    > >

    > *SNIP*
    >
    > You SURE that it's NZ Post doing it? I thought that at first, then
    > realised the domain I was looking at was "nzpostoffice.co.nz". NZ Post is
    > nzpost.co.nz, and the two sites are very, very different.

    Ahh, I stand corrected on this, I saw nzpostoffice.co.nz and made the
    presumption.

    I have however made a complaint about this to nzpost to see if they can
    kill the wankers off.

    Who Am I, Oct 26, 2005
  10. Who Am I

    Who Am I Guest

    In article <>,
    Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    > T'was the Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:24:37 +1300 when I remembered Who Am I
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    > >These spams have been sent out from kliksend.com

    > How'd they get your email?

    Who knows. I get so much spam these days. I am over 99% of all email I
    get is spam.

    To me, email is rapidly loosing its worth.

    I wonder how long it will be before an ISP offers access but no servers
    for email, web, ftp..... nothing save DNS/DHCP. You want them use a free
    service else where. That way they have reduced their costs
    substaintially, no longer care about spam or viruses on their systems.

    Who Am I, Oct 26, 2005
  11. Who Am I

    EMB Guest

    Who Am I wrote:

    > I have however made a complaint about this to nzpost to see if they can
    > kill the wankers off.

    Do a whois on the domain name and phone the nuber listed - it works, and
    the bloke that answers seems really keen to not get a blackhole listing.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 26, 2005
  12. Who Am I

    bambam Guest

    Who Am I <> wrote in news:Who-9ED22F.13071626102005@mu-
    relay2.massey.ac.nz:

    >> How'd they get your email?

    > Who knows. I get so much spam these days. I am over 99% of all email I
    > get is spam.
    >
    > To me, email is rapidly loosing its worth.
    >
    > I wonder how long it will be before an ISP offers access but no servers
    > for email, web, ftp..... nothing save DNS/DHCP. You want them use a free
    > service else where. That way they have reduced their costs
    > substaintially, no longer care about spam or viruses on their systems.

    I have three pop3 email addresses, (Orcon, Xtra, Myrealbox) and two web
    based (Gmail, Hotmail). The only one that gets any spam is Hotmail.
    Plenty of virus, spyware, infested friends and family using Incredemail
    have my primary address and yet nothing.
    What am I doing wrong? ;o)

    bambam, Oct 26, 2005
  13. Who Am I

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <djmsgv$t50$>, EMB <>
    wrote:

    > Who Am I wrote:
    >
    > > I have however made a complaint about this to nzpost to see if they can
    > > kill the wankers off.

    > Do a whois on the domain name and phone the nuber listed - it works, and
    > the bloke that answers seems really keen to not get a blackhole listing.

    If that were true then he would not have spammed in the first place.

    whoisthis, Oct 26, 2005
  14. Who Am I

    Alan Guest

    "Who Am I" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Waylon Kenning <> wrote:
    >
    > Who knows. I get so much spam these days. I am over 99% of all email

    > get is spam.
    >
    > To me, email is rapidly loosing its worth.

    Have you tried Sneakemail?

    It works really well for me, and creating a new address takes less
    than 30 seconds if you need to subscribe to a site to access content
    (say).

    If it starts getting spammed, then just kill it.

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address

    Alan, Oct 26, 2005
  15. Who Am I

    EMB Guest

    whoisthis wrote:
    > In article <djmsgv$t50$>, EMB <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Who Am I wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have however made a complaint about this to nzpost to see if they can
    >>>kill the wankers off.

    >>Do a whois on the domain name and phone the nuber listed - it works, and
    >>the bloke that answers seems really keen to not get a blackhole listing.

    > If that were true then he would not have spammed in the first place.

    I rang and gave him a bit of a burst yesterday. He wanted my email addy
    but I told him that I'd give him a blacklisting instead. I think he's
    more out of his depth than anything - a serious spammer would:
    a) have a dodgy set of contact details in his domain record
    b) not answer the phone listed in his domain record.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 26, 2005
  16. Who Am I

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <djn6kf$h9a$>, EMB <>
    wrote:

    > whoisthis wrote:
    > > In article <djmsgv$t50$>, EMB <>
    > > wrote:

    > >>Do a whois on the domain name and phone the nuber listed - it works, and
    > >>the bloke that answers seems really keen to not get a blackhole listing.

    > > If that were true then he would not have spammed in the first place.

    > I rang and gave him a bit of a burst yesterday. He wanted my email addy
    > but I told him that I'd give him a blacklisting instead. I think he's
    > more out of his depth than anything - a serious spammer would:
    > a) have a dodgy set of contact details in his domain record
    > b) not answer the phone listed in his domain record.

    Spam is a well known issue, you'd have to be a complete moron not to
    know about spam. Stupid businessmen don't survive long anyway, so black
    listing him will simply hasten the inevitable.

    whoisthis, Oct 26, 2005