    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Jan 4, 2005

  2. G. Morgan

    mAineAc Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > I just added a 512M stick of PC2100 to my ECS K7VTA v2 motherboard. Already
    > installed was a 256M stick. Windows XP Pro now reports that I only have 512
    > installed instead of 768M. Any ideas why?

    try changing the order of the memory.

    mAineAc, Jan 4, 2005

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: Just added more RAM - Windows won't report it all
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => mAineAc <= wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >> I just added a 512M stick of PC2100 to my ECS K7VTA v2 motherboard. Already
    >> installed was a 256M stick. Windows XP Pro now reports that I only have 512
    >> installed instead of 768M. Any ideas why?
    >>

    >try changing the order of the memory.

    Thanks. That did it.

    The original 256M chip was installed in slot 1, and I added the new 512M chip to
    slot two. When I reversed the order the problem persisted.

    It was only when I put the new one in slot 1, and the old one in slot 3 that it
    started working.

    Seems weird that slot 2 did recognise the new chip and ingnored the one in slot
    1 (that had been there for three years)...

    Anyway, thanks for the tip! I won't need any additional RAM for this machine in
    it's lifetime, so the slot 2 can be bad for all I care..

    G. Morgan, Jan 4, 2005
  4. G. Morgan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You MADD COW you need to get your sorry ass out the house like you did in
    the past. That's a real nice shot of you in action playing Throw the
    Tampon. ;-)

    http://tinyurl.com/49m68

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 4, 2005