    different quality settings Super fine, fine etc.. I know that these settings
    are just different amounts of JPEG compressions. What I would like to know
    is how much compression is used in each?
    RickyB, Jan 23, 2004

  2. RickyB wrote:

    > I have a Canon A70 and I am very pleased with it. You all know it has
    > different quality settings Super fine, fine etc.. I know that these settings
    > are just different amounts of JPEG compressions. What I would like to know
    > is how much compression is used in each?

    Well, the A70 takes pictures at approx. 3.15 MP.
    The uncompressed file size would be about 3 X 3.15 = 9.45 MB
    So take identical pictures of a "typical" scene in superfine, fine and normal
    and look at the file size.
    The degree of compression will vary somewhat with each picture but the range
    will be about 6:1, 10:1 and 20:1 for Superfine, Fine, and Normal respectively.
    Bob Williams
    Robert E. Williams, Jan 23, 2004