    says DTS ES

    Thanks!!!

    P.S. The video doesn't look much different on my 65" XBR either...

    Kevin Miller, May 6, 2004

  2. Kevin Miller wrote:

    > ... with advice from a USENET poster I bought the asian version on
    > ebay and can't seem to get the DTS to work... anyone else have this
    > problem? I guess it's possible it doesn't have it (disc actually
    > looks quite 'unprofessional' i.e. bootleg) but the packaging clearly
    > says DTS ES

    Well, funny you should mention that, seeing as how only a few threads
    earlier, we were talking about how only Sony Col/Tri films come out as
    Superbits...

    And JP being a Universal film, and all...

    Derek Janssen (...HMMMM.)

    Derek Janssen, May 6, 2004

  3. Kevin Miller

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > > ... with advice from a USENET poster I bought the asian version on
    > > ebay and can't seem to get the DTS to work... anyone else have this
    > > problem? I guess it's possible it doesn't have it (disc actually
    > > looks quite 'unprofessional' i.e. bootleg) but the packaging clearly
    > > says DTS ES

    > Well, funny you should mention that, seeing as how only a few threads
    > earlier, we were talking about how only Sony Col/Tri films come out as
    > Superbits...
    >
    > And JP being a Universal film, and all...
    >
    > Derek Janssen (...HMMMM.)

    Jurassic Park is distributed by Columbia TriStar in Japan, and there is
    a legitimate Region 2 SuperBit release there.

    However, I suspect that the original poster indeed bought one of the
    many "Region 0" fake-SuperBit bootleg discs that proliferate on eBay. In
    that case, he got what he paid for, crap.

    Joshua Zyber, May 6, 2004
  4. Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Kevin Miller wrote:
    >
    >> ... with advice from a USENET poster I bought the asian version on
    >> ebay and can't seem to get the DTS to work... anyone else have this
    >> problem? I guess it's possible it doesn't have it (disc actually
    >> looks quite 'unprofessional' i.e. bootleg) but the packaging clearly
    >> says DTS ES

    > Well, funny you should mention that, seeing as how only a few threads
    > earlier, we were talking about how only Sony Col/Tri films come out as
    > Superbits...
    >
    > And JP being a Universal film, and all...
    >
    > Derek Janssen (...HMMMM.)

    Heh heh heh. Jurassic Park *was* released as a Superbit title in Japan,
    Mr. Smarty-pants. :p

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, May 6, 2004
  5. Kevin Miller wrote:

    > ... with advice from a USENET poster I bought the asian version on
    > ebay and can't seem to get the DTS to work... anyone else have this
    > problem? I guess it's possible it doesn't have it (disc actually
    > looks quite 'unprofessional' i.e. bootleg) but the packaging clearly
    > says DTS ES
    >
    > Thanks!!!
    >
    > P.S. The video doesn't look much different on my 65" XBR either...

    Forgive what may be a stupid question, but you do have a DTS compatible
    receiver/pre-processor, right?

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, May 6, 2004
  6. Kevin Miller

    Kevin Miller Guest

    "he got what he paid for" - you post as though I meant to somehow
    screw the system... I tried to buy a set I cannot get here in the U.S.

    Kevin Miller, May 7, 2004
  7. Kevin Miller

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Kevin Miller" <> wrote in message
    > "he got what he paid for" - you post as though I meant to somehow
    > screw the system... I tried to buy a set I cannot get here in the U.S.

    You should have done some research, or asked before you purchased. Just
    keep in mind for the future that most Asian discs on eBay are bootlegs,
    especially if they are American movies or TV shows and claim to be
    "Region 0".

    Joshua Zyber, May 7, 2004
  8. Kevin Miller

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > "he got what he paid for" - you post as though I meant to somehow
    > screw the system... I tried to buy a set I cannot get here in the U.S.

    Why don't you just buy the R1 disc(s)?

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 7, 2004
  9. Kevin Miller

    Richard Guest

    Kevin Miller <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > ... with advice from a USENET poster I bought the asian version on
    > ebay and can't seem to get the DTS to work... anyone else have this
    > problem? I guess it's possible it doesn't have it (disc actually
    > looks quite 'unprofessional' i.e. bootleg) but the packaging clearly
    > says DTS ES
    >
    > Thanks!!!
    >
    > P.S. The video doesn't look much different on my 65" XBR either...

    Honestly, I thought this "imports are better" crap ended with gold
    CDs and overpriced laserdiscs. Why give the Orient ANY money for
    DVDs considering their pirating of them is hurting the industry????
    -Rich

    Richard, May 7, 2004
  10. Kevin Miller

    Kevin Miller Guest

    Live and learn I guess... won't need to buy any Asian DVD's again
    anyway... I'll just wait for the HD-DVD version in 4 or 5 years! Or
    maybe 2 to 3 if we're lucky!!!

    Kevin Miller, May 14, 2004