    Tommy
    my personal webpages :
    www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

    boywonder, Jun 28, 2005

  2. boywonder

    philo Guest

    boywonder wrote:
    > Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
    > and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
    > Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
    > firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
    > etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
    > him.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?

    Juno is sort of a closed system...
    but you should be able to update AVG by downloading the update .bin file
    to a folder and in your update options specify to update from folder
    rather than the internet.
    not a totally great situation...but that $10 a month price must be one
    of the lowest price serivces i've seen

    philo, Jun 28, 2005

  3. boywonder

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:15:09 -0500, "boywonder"
    <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:

    >Anyone have experience with Juno?

    Yes, and you already created this thread 6/24 and have about 8 decent
    replies.

    Evan Platt, Jun 28, 2005
  4. philo wrote:
    > boywonder wrote:
    >> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
    >> and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
    >> Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
    >> firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
    >> etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
    >> him.

    >> Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?

    > Juno is sort of a closed system...
    > but you should be able to update AVG by downloading the update .bin file
    > to a folder and in your update options specify to update from folder
    > rather than the internet.
    > not a totally great situation...but that $10 a month price must be one
    > of the lowest price serivces i've seen

    Value, on the other hand, takes into account both what you pay and what
    you get. A $5 piece of monkey poo is cheap, too, but, like Juno, has
    little value.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 28, 2005
  5. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    In news:,
    philo <> typed:
    > boywonder wrote:
    >> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has
    >> email and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet
    >> except the Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can
    >> find, including XP firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't
    >> use OE. Can't use Mozilla, etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser
    >> gets his email, and browses for him.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?
    >>

    > Juno is sort of a closed system...
    > but you should be able to update AVG by downloading the update .bin
    > file to a folder and in your update options specify to update from
    > folder rather than the internet.
    > not a totally great situation...but that $10 a month price must be one
    > of the lowest price serivces i've seen

    Friend, like myself is on disability, don't know if any equivalent exists
    where you are. I use HALPCnet www.hal-pc.org for $10 / month, and it has no
    restrictions which I have described like Juno platinum. Thank you for your
    polite and useable answer [ which had not occured to me already ].

    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages :

    boywonder, Jun 28, 2005
  6. boywonder

    Liz Guest

    "boywonder" wrote
    > Anyone have experience with Juno?

    Alaska sounds nice. It's so hot and humid here in New York.

    Liz, Jun 28, 2005
  7. boywonder

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> boywonder wrote:
    >>> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
    >>> and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
    >>> Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
    >>> firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
    >>> etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
    >>> him.

    >>> Does anyone know of a more pertinent group to post this to?

    >> Juno is sort of a closed system...
    >> but you should be able to update AVG by downloading the update .bin file
    >> to a folder and in your update options specify to update from folder
    >> rather than the internet.
    >> not a totally great situation...but that $10 a month price must be one
    >> of the lowest price serivces i've seen

    > Value, on the other hand, takes into account both what you pay and what
    > you get. A $5 piece of monkey poo is cheap, too, but, like Juno, has
    > little value.

    Dammit. I guess I'll just keep my garage sale gloat to myself, then.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Sometimes, when I'm alone, I Google myself.

    DC, Jul 1, 2005
  8. DC wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Value, on the other hand, takes into account both what you pay and what
    >> you get. A $5 piece of monkey poo is cheap, too, but, like Juno, has
    >> little value.

    > Dammit. I guess I'll just keep my garage sale gloat to myself, then.

    Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 1, 2005
  9. boywonder

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DC wrote:

    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Value, on the other hand, takes into account both what you pay and what
    >>> you get. A $5 piece of monkey poo is cheap, too, but, like Juno, has
    >>> little value.

    >> Dammit. I guess I'll just keep my garage sale gloat to myself, then.

    > Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    I'd rather not go into that, thanks. }:O\

    DC, Jul 1, 2005
  10. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> Dammit. I guess I'll just keep my garage sale gloat to myself, then.

    >> Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    > I'd rather not go into that, thanks. }:O\

    Sounds like you overpaid...

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005
  11. boywonder

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    >> I'd rather not go into that, thanks. }:O\

    > Sounds like you overpaid...

    Well, it was a lot fresher than usual, so that's worth something, I
    guess. I think I'll hang on to it.

    DC, Jul 2, 2005
  12. DC wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> I'd rather not go into that, thanks. }:O\

    >> Sounds like you overpaid...

    > Well, it was a lot fresher than usual, so that's worth something, I

    Steamer?

    > guess. I think I'll hang on to it.

    So to speak. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005
  13. boywonder

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    Speaking of poo, there was this educational thing on about raising worms
    to sell their poo to farmers who made poo tea out of the castings. The
    moderator asked what do you feed the worms and he said more poo from the
    zoo and horse farms. It was a family business in Kansas or similiar.
    Sort of makes you see why some folks want a desk job, any desk job.

    Plato, Jul 2, 2005
  14. Plato wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Depends. How much did *you* pay for the monkey poo?

    > Speaking of poo, there was this educational thing on about raising worms
    > to sell their poo to farmers who made poo tea out of the castings. The
    > moderator asked what do you feed the worms and he said more poo from the
    > zoo and horse farms. It was a family business in Kansas or similiar.
    > Sort of makes you see why some folks want a desk job, any desk job.

    :)

    I knew a guy about 30 years ago who (in addition to having a job) had a
    home worm farm. I can't remember why, but I don't think it had
    anything to do with poo tea, back then. I'd think it was some kind of
    pyramid scheme with a Whole Earth Catalog twist.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005
  15. boywonder

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I knew a guy about 30 years ago who (in addition to having a job) had a
    > home worm farm. I can't remember why, but I don't think it had
    > anything to do with poo tea, back then. I'd think it was some kind of
    > pyramid scheme with a Whole Earth Catalog twist.

    Probably for fishing/bait worms. Different worms alltogether then the
    ones you find in cow piles/cow shit compost.

    Plato, Jul 2, 2005
  16. boywonder

    Top Guest

    DC <> wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> DC wrote:

    >>> I'd rather not go into that, thanks. }:O\

    >> Sounds like you overpaid...

    > Well, it was a lot fresher than usual, so that's worth something,
    > I guess. I think I'll hang on to it.

    Bet you have some cowchip awards too.

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top, Jul 2, 2005
  17. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    In news:42c618ba$1$90621$,
    Plato <|@|.|> typed:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >> I knew a guy about 30 years ago who (in addition to having a job)
    >> had a home worm farm. I can't remember why, but I don't think it had
    >> anything to do with poo tea, back then. I'd think it was some kind
    >> of pyramid scheme with a Whole Earth Catalog twist.

    > Probably for fishing/bait worms. Different worms alltogether then the
    > ones you find in cow piles/cow shit compost.

    rare Chinchillas are cleaner than worms.

    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages :

    boywonder, Jul 2, 2005