    Tommy
    tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom
    www.hal-pc.org/~toner27
    boywonder, Jun 24, 2005

  2. boywonder

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
    <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:

    >Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has email
    >and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet except the
    >Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can find, including XP
    >firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't use OE. Can't use Mozilla,
    >etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno browser gets his email, and browses for
    >him.

    Works fine for my girlfriends system.

    go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
    DNS?
    Evan Platt, Jun 24, 2005

  3. boywonder

    ng_reader Guest

    In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can be
    checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.

    ng_reader, Jun 24, 2005
  4. boywonder

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:52:22 -0400, "ng_reader"
    <> wrote:

    >In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can be
    >checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.

    Not likely. Juno is DHCP. It wouldn't be checked or unchecked, it
    would be via dhcp or specified.
    Evan Platt, Jun 24, 2005
  5. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    I don't have the system in front of me, its a friends.

    In news:,
    Evan Platt <> typed:

    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages :
    boywonder, Jun 25, 2005
  6. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    In news:p,
    ng_reader <> typed:
    > In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can
    > be checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
    >> <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has
    >>> email and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet
    >>> except the Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can
    >>> find, including XP firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't
    >>> use OE. Can't use Mozilla, etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno
    >>> browser gets his email, and browses for him.

    >> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
    >>
    >> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
    >> DNS?
    >> --
    >> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    One more thing, the DUN icon is only visible while dialing or logged on,
    then it disappears, you can't make changes except in the Juno browser.
    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages :
    boywonder, Jun 25, 2005
  7. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    In news:p,
    ng_reader <> typed:
    > In Internet access with Windows there is a "default gateway" that can
    > be checked or unchecked. This is likely the culprit.
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:13:33 -0500, "boywonder"
    >> <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone have experience with Juno? A friend has Juno, costs $10, has
    >>> email and browsing, but no other app has any access to the internet
    >>> except the Juno browser. I have turned off all the firewalls I can
    >>> find, including XP firewall. Can't update AVG, can't use IE, can't
    >>> use OE. Can't use Mozilla, etc. Can't use Trillian. The Juno
    >>> browser gets his email, and browses for him.

    >> Works fine for my girlfriends system.
    >>
    >> go to a dos prompt. Can you ping www.yahoo.com ? does it resolve the
    >> DNS?
    >> --
    >> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    My system here uses default gateway with remote, and auto dhcp. But thats
    this system, he has xp pro?

    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages :
    boywonder, Jun 25, 2005
  8. boywonder

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:15:14 -0500, "boywonder"

    Ok, so ask them if they can ping www.cnn.com or resolve dns.
    Evan Platt, Jun 25, 2005
  9. boywonder

    ng_reader Guest

    Can't answer that question. Just know that Microsoft largely sucks, but if
    you find the correct box to check or uncheck, it can help. As for the DHCP,
    uhhh, good point. But not helpful.

    The "Default Gateway" I believe was designed to mirror the UNIX SLIP
    protocol. No one uses this anymore, but it was a way to connect many
    applications through one serial line. AFAIR.

    ng_reader, Jun 25, 2005
  10. ng_reader, <>, the pretentious butchfemme who thirsts
    for a cross-eyed dangle-queen to enforce buttock slamming fun times and rear
    entrance cackling, wrote:

    > Can't answer that question. Just know that Microsoft largely sucks,
    > but if you find the correct box to check or uncheck, it can help.

    No shit, Shylock?
    Jeremy Brazier, Jun 25, 2005