    My email is plaged with junk mail. How do I stop this, I have tried
    blocking but there are thousands and therefore UI cannot use my email
    address. Thank you
    Esin Ertanin, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Alexander Rogge, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Esin Ertanin

    Rifleman Guest

    "Esin Ertanin" <> wrote in message
    news:bu61t8$m8i$...
    > My email is plaged with junk mail. How do I stop this, I have tried
    > blocking but there are thousands and therefore UI cannot use my email
    > address. Thank you

    Well you'll go on getting spam now you've posted your email address on
    Usenet:

    Read these
    Munging Email Address
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm
    Rifleman, Jan 15, 2004
  4. In article <bu6dtk$dtg5m$-berlin.de>, me9
    @privacy.net says...
    > "Esin Ertanin" <> wrote in message
    > > My email is plaged with junk mail. How do I stop this, I have tried
    > > blocking but there are thousands and therefore UI cannot use my email
    > > address. Thank you
    > >

    > Well you'll go on getting spam now you've posted your email address on
    > Usenet:

    You say that, but I don't get any extra junk in my Hotmail account since
    I've been using the address here. The account that's registered with my
    domains is another matter - 80-90 a day.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Esin Ertanin

    Rifleman Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bu6dtk$dtg5m$-berlin.de>, me9
    > @privacy.net says...
    > > "Esin Ertanin" <> wrote in message
    > > > My email is plaged with junk mail. How do I stop this, I have tried
    > > > blocking but there are thousands and therefore UI cannot use my email
    > > > address. Thank you
    > > >

    > > Well you'll go on getting spam now you've posted your email address on
    > > Usenet:

    > You say that, but I don't get any extra junk in my Hotmail account since
    > I've been using the address here. The account that's registered with my
    > domains is another matter - 80-90 a day.
    >
    > --
    > Hywel I do not eat quiche
    > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    > http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

    Well I don't use my normal address here and I get NO spam - (well not quite
    zero but very close to it)
    Rifleman, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Esin Ertanin

    °Mike° Guest

    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

    How To Deal With Spam
    http://pobox.com/nospam.html

    Korean Spam Filter
    http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

    SPAM Tips and help
    http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/

    SpamCop
    http://spamcop.net/

    K9 Spam filter (freeware)
    http://www.keir.net/k9.html

    Magic Mail Monitor (freeware)
    http://www.geeba.org/magic/
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:43:21 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bu61t8$m8i$>
    Esin Ertanin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Esin Ertanin

    Bigfred Guest

    Set up a message rule to only except mail from people in your address book
    and delete the rest of the junk automatically at your isp server.

    Bigfred, Jan 15, 2004